Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Well, probably. Not certain yet, but I will likely be making a run up to Virginia in a few weeks. Then, again maybe three weeks after that. I don't know if I will be able to get by WJ both times, but I am kind of hoping so, since I will not be taking the truck. Like last year, I will probably take a small rental SUV and might have room room for 20 cases the first time, if I am lucky. The next time probably half that number.

Last year's supply went till about May before it started getting kinda "light." 15 cases does not last long between two people. If you don't limit yourself to one bottle a day, it's gone in no time. Let a few others have a few bottles and it's starts getting scarce in three months [img]redface.gif[/img] I did hold on to about 18 bottles of Dr Pepper and broke into them a few weeks ago. They still tasted pretty good for an 11 month-old drink.

On my way up I will probably go my usual way, I-95 to I-40 to Durham, then up 501. Where near an exit on 40 can I pick up some Sanford Coke and Dr Pepper? Also, is there anything worth looking for off of I-81, say from Staunton to Winchester? If the weather is decent, I may head up that way and bike a bit more of the C&O.

I can still remeber the pictures you posted of your WJ Dr Pepper from your last trip. [img]smile.gif[/img] To say the lest I am envious.LOL When you do go, have a nice trip. (Don't drink and drive. LOLOLOL)

[ 10-26-2006, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

My best guess for Sanford Coke and Dr Pepper would be exit 319 and go south to Lillington. I know that Harnett County is Sanford territory. I found both at an IGA 3 years ago. I've never been to Angier which is the town nearest the Harnett County border on 210 off of 40, you might get lucky there with at least Coke. If you do decide to go as far as Lillington you may want to get off 95 at Dunn, exit 73. After Lillington you can take 401 to catch 40 near Raleigh. Last few times I've stopped in Sanford Dr Pepper was hard to find. This year it took me 3 stores before I found any and 4 before I found 6 packs. Prices for Sanford Coke in the city of Sanford have ranged from $2.99 a 6 pack to the $4.19.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Coke Sanford does not service all of Harnett Co. Dunn and Erwin (towns closest to I-95) are in CCBCC territory, unless that has changed recently. The north part of Harnett (Lillington and not much else up there) are in Coke Sanford territory. Campbell University is in Buies Creek, between I-95 and Lillington, it is pretty much a wide spot in the road and I don't think they deliver that far.

I-40 doesn't cross their territory at all.

You might want to call them 919-774-4111 and ask for a location, I have always found the Ingram family that owns the business to be very helpful and friendly.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Thanks for the info guys. What about some Frostie and Hires?

Frostie is easy to find at Lowe's Foods or Ingles supermarkets. Ingles always has a big selection of Frostie in glass and 2L. We have both stores in West Jefferson and both sell Frostie.

For Hires you should look around Concord NC. The Sundrop bottler distributes 2L, 20oz and 6-pack cans, mostly through indy supermarkets and c-stores. Their territory is small and they use most of their grocery shelf space for Sundrop, but you can find Hires 2L's here and there.

The Wil-mar Checker Mart in Concord is where I buy Hires 6-packs. Hires can also be found around Statesville (I-77/I-40), Salisbury (I-85), Mooresville (I-77).

Unfortunately DPWJ does not make Hires in glass, only A&W.

[ 10-26-2006, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

CCE Marietta GA production and Union City Coke also produce 8oz glass Dr Pepper, but it is not easily found along the east coast. I found it to be pretty readily available from Tullhoma TN Coke, Pulaski TN Coke and CCE in parts of TN and AL as well.

As far as Staunton to Winchester, I can't think of anything rare. Dr Pepper in Staunton has Dew and Sierra Mist, which is unusual, though (Pepsi has 7up and Cheerwine). I remember probably 5 years ago they had some Dublin DP 6 packs, but that must have been a one time deal, because they've never had them since, from what I've seen.

Someone also has WJ longnecks in that area, because I found RC and Cheerwine longnecks at the BP/McDonald's in Fairfield (exit 200 off of 81). My guess is that it's AABC.

You guys are just a wealth of information. Thanks

Is Sanford another bottler that makes cane sugar Dr Pepper (and Coke)?

Good luck calling Sanford, you will not get a real person to answer(at least during the 5 times I have called over the period of 2 years) but they are good at calling back.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?