Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Does anyone else think that considering Vault an energy drink is wrong? It just has a little more caffeine than it's competitors but thats it. Not even a trace of a traditional energy drink ingredient like Guarana or Taurine. It just bugs me that a high caffeine beverage can be considered an energy drink. I'd like to hear some other opinions on this.

No, it's not an energy drink. Coke should take the wording off Vault's label.

DJHS

IMO...I haven't seen anyone calling it an energy drink. And even though Vault's tagline says "drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink" - I haven't seen Coke try to position it as an energy. However, I've seen people compare it to MDX - and to your point that would be incorrect since Vault does not have energy ingredients and MDX does. All it has is more caffeine. So, if you can't already tell, I agree with you!

I knew someone would say that, and I know that. But I think it's a cheap trick toward consumers to have the words "energy drink" on their soda bottle. I honestly think it's stupid.

Vault's caffeine is not much larger than Mt Dew, so they should just keep marketing it for what it is: a citrus soda.

DJHS

Of course they'll use the energy drink craze to "assist" their efforts! WHY?

Because Coke needs all the help they can get versus the GRANDPAPPY - MOUNTAIN DEW!!! LOL.

Gee,I did not know ignorance was a cheep human trick. Your saying that reading a soda pop label requires more direct English? LOL I'm not so sure but we can agree to disagree on this one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vault's caffeine is not much larger than Mt Dew,
    I disagree. If you drink a liter of Vault you'll get 188 milligrams of caffeine. If you drink a Mountain Dew, you'll get a paltry 144. Dew is weak. ha ha!

Actually, I think "weak" is how I would describe Dew as far as flavour and even carbonation. Every Dew I've ever drank has been sorta flat. (With the exception of some fountains) Even the cans feel soft for some reason. As for the taste, it's too sweet and has no kick whatsoever. Then there's the name. "Mountain Dew." Sounds rather tame doesn't it? Needless to say, I don't get the hype around Dew.

Pitch Black II on the other hand, now that was good stuff.

Ok...so Vault has more caffeine than Dew by 1/2 cup of coffee...IF YOU DRINK 33.8oz OF IT! Big deal! Besides, the real test for Vault will be to see how sales do AFTER the cheap promo pricing goes away. You can get a lot of trial on a new brand by discounting...so IMO Vault hasn't proven itself yet!

Good Point on the promo sales.
    I think that when fridge packs are rolled out at promo pricing,Vault will be given a better "once over" by the citrus soda pop customers (MD).
    I have a gut feeling that once people have a cold can of Vault or two they will become repeat customers. A good majority of soda pop drinkers like the feel of cans. I think the over all taste ect as I have gushed about in previous threads will win over repeat business.

[ 03-09-2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Well drinking a liter of Dew is very common. And a lot of people claim they do it for the caffeine. Heck, I've known guys that knock back a 2-liter.

Caffeine has little to no effect on me personally, so I don't care that much. But I do think Vault has significantly more caffeine than Dew. If I had been a Dew drinker that was solely after the caffeine, I would've switched to Vault. (I tend to think that was Coke's idea behind bumping up the caffeine count.)

Vault seems highly addictive to me. Maybe it's only me, but if it's not just me, sales should be pretty strong even after the discounting. I actually *crave* Vault. I've never craved Dew.