Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ok all of you canadian people and border bouncers this one is for you.What can be found in canada that can't be found here in usa? The post can be different product like sprite ice which was not seen here in usa yet or different packaging like fruitopia in Glass which is not done here in usa.Have fun I gonna be really watching this one since I live about two hours from the canada border. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

Fanta is available in Canada?

Pop-Crush orange, cream soda, grape, diet versions of all 3 with Splenda, Mug rootbeer, diet mug, Frutopia (many many flavours), Nestea Zero w/Splenda, Dew Fuel reg and diet, 7-up cranberry, I think that is it from the national companies

Chips-Lay's Ketchup, Salt and Pepper, Smokey Bacon, Salsa, Doritos Zesty Cheese, Bold BBQ, Tostitos Hint of Jalapeno, Cheetos Corn Twists, Cheetos Popcorn, Ruffles All Dressed, Sour Cream and Bacon, Hostess Hickory Sticks

I think that is it from Frito Lay.

Another one of my childhood stories. LOL
    When I was a kid,we went to Ontario Canada
    (Big Eagle Lake???)for 6 days of Walleye fishing. I have a fond memory of buying for my Mom the most awesome strawberry preserves I had ever tasted. The lid to the jar had a few red Canadian leafs on it and the jar had a square shape to it. Back then the local grocery stores did not have imported stuff like they do now.

Do any of our Canadian board mates know of this strawberry jam?

When my brother went to Canada, he said that the most impressive thing he saw is the Maple syrup, cause the maple syrups made in Mexico are a little less liquid, and he says that Canadian maple syrup is more liquid, and more delicious...

MrR
    My friend who lives in Ontario Canada lives down the road from a family owned/runned maple syrup business. They tap the syrup and bottle if for sale.

Once a year for Christmas my friend sends me a fresh bottle of pure maple syrup. All I can say is that it's awesome. Pure maple syrup is very expensive in the States,aprox. $6 to 7$ for a 16oz bottle.

[ 03-18-2006, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I haven't been to Canada in a year,and last time I went was to British Columbia,Cranbrook I believe and they had 7up Citrus Splash.I took advantage of the moment and bought around 10 12 oz's.So do they still make it in canada?

Prince Edward Island mandates that all carbonated soft drinks be sold in refillable bottles. To see Coke and Pepsi products in refillable glass 355 and 750-ml bottles, go here, and scroll down thru all all the other nice pictures-sorry I'm too lazy to repost my pictures in this thread:

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-b...1;t=002163;p=2
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

I don't want to hate on your style, Zabe, but it isn't the syrup that's tapped. lol It's the tree sap that's tapped, which is then treated and reduced many times into delicious syrup. But at least I share your enthusiasm.

DJHS

DJHS,
    You are correct. I neglected to say all that.
    They do refine the sap into the highest grade syrup. [img]smile.gif[/img] My friend's community center has a pancake breakfast that feeds over 500 people. She said they use many gallons of this syrup. LOL