Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When anyone reads these, do you ever feel like the reviewer is Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons? It's like there's no satisfying them unless you're some underground company no one's heard of/cares about. Anything from Pepsi/Coke is called mediocre at best. They say Surge was bad, but when Vault is released, they say they should have stuck with Surge...what???

Does this bother anyone else? Maybe I'm not a hardcore beverage freak (I only found this place due to an obsession with diet pop last year as I was cutting weight), but it makes me think "Geez...get over yourselves."

Thoughts?

Your now an offical board mate. LOL Nearly (not all) of us has said pretty much the same things at one time or another. I for one agree with you. LOL

SuperAmmo sounds like me.

I echo Zabe's response.

DJHS

Heh...I can just imagine Comic Book Guy sitting at his computer, taking a sip of Coke or Pepsi's newest offering, and saying "Worst...soda...ever!"

Haha, I was just thinking that miki.

It does seem like BevNet is quite hard to please and even somewhat biased.

N.L.
    LOL....Just like being somewhat pregnant. LOL

I wish the ratings were more of a consensus of a group of people rather than 1 person's opinion of something

"I see a Hollow Man, gun in hand, it points my way." - The Cult

"Heh...I can just imagine Comic Book Guy sitting at his computer, taking a sip of Coke or Pepsi's newest offering, and saying "Worst...soda...ever!" "

That's EXACTLY how I see it. It's like, get off your freaking high horse. It's ridiculous, IMO.

Agreed just check out the review of the Steven Segal energy drink. Bar none the dumbest idea in history in the perhaps the most pathetic can design in existance and it gets a 3 star.

They must be smoking something to think a product like that is more viable than VAULT (2 star) or many of the other products that scored worse. They even suggest moving Steve's mug higher on the can (in a Buddhist pose!!) instead of just dropping him altogether. As noted earlier there are also many inconsistancies in the reviews. Sometimes it seems they care more about the flavor, other times its the market viabuility, and often its just pretty much packagining. Not everybody is bound to agree with any review but the way BevNet does them is inconsistant and unrealiable. These reviews seem to try to serve distributiors as well as consumers and store owners but in the end they try to appeal too broadly. I'm glad they are here and they do provide a service but that doesn't mean I don't think they are pretty useless- even though I would say I generally agree with them, more or less.

[ 03-21-2006, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: SURGE ]
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>