Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pepsi Sues Coke

Check out this link concerning the lawsuit Pepsi has against Coke. It is based on a commercial that pits Powerade against Gatorade.
    What do you think?
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188617,00.html

[ 03-21-2006, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: greg ]
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

I haven't looked at it, but I see from the web address that it is from fox news. Fox news,in my opinion is one of the most biased news networks on television so I would try to find this story from more news networks to make sure it is true.

After reading it, I personally think the whole thing is just silly. For one thing, if I remember correctly it isn't even a race. The cart with ten bales on it just starts moving while the one with 50 just sits there. It never actually shows the one with ten crossing a finish line or anything.

All the news on tv is biased one way or another, depends on which way you view the world as to how biased they are.
    I have not heard or seen anything about this other than this particular article so I tend to agree that it more than likely is false.

[ 03-21-2006, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

That's pathetic. Pepsi should be ashamed of themselves. They're tying up our judicial system with a lawsuit over a stupid commercial. Big whiney babies. It makes me sick!

translation:

powerade is catching up with gatorade.

and vault is catching up with mountain dew.
    banned

Originally posted by the saint:
    All the news on tv is biased one way or another, depends on which way you view the world as to how biased they are.
    I have not heard or seen anything about this other than this particular article so I tend to agree that it more than likely is false.
    Are you actually saying that this is a made up news article? Do you really think that FOX news or CNN would make somethihng up like that? Whether you guys think the media is biased or not is irrelevant. World wide recognized news organizations do not make up stories completely out of the Blue(unless it is political season).
    The story is legitimate.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Gatorade Sue Powerade

I posted this earlier this morning. Seems like there is nice a war for the Spring and Summer sports drink peek business.

(Sorry, I forgot it was an AP story. It was in my local paper and I posted it in the previous Gatorade thread that many do not look at. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 03-21-2006, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I can't believe it!

They harassed and insulted Coke in their ads almost all their existance, and now they're complaining just because the Powerade Option ads says that Option has less calories than Gatorade???

Mr. Nethead is right... what a bunch of big whiney babies...

BTW... sadly and unfortunately sueing Coke is becoming a sport... a lot of people is practicing it: Raquel Chavez (the store owner), Roberto Mendoza Ralph (the gay employee), Big Cola, Pepsi... what a bunch of jerks...

[ 03-21-2006, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Originally posted by popologist:
    translation:

powerade is catching up with gatorade.

and vault is catching up with mountain dew.
    You must be joking. Gatorade owns approximately 85% of the isotonic market. I don't see how Powerade at a mere 15-20% (at best) is catching up! And do we really need to say this again...Vault has yet to prove itself. It's been in the market only a month tops (in my area) and so far isn't breaking any records. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Coca-Cola company...but your opinions are without basis.