Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has anyone seen coke zero in a soda fountain yet?

because, i was thinking, for this drink to grab any real market share, it's going to have to claim some real estate on the soda fountain (don't fountain sales account for a large percent of coke's sales... and does anyone know what percentage that is?).

i realize that space on fountains is limited, and, to put zero on there would make it direct competition for diet coke and/or bump some other coke product, so... it may never happen.

any thoughts? will this ever happen?
    banned

You know me, I always have a thought to add. LMAO
    My two cents.

I do not have a real idea of how Coke Zero is doing in it's strong markets (Coke Zero quarter to quarter comparisons) and weaker Markets.

Just an arm chair guess. Coke Zero as regional soda pop and as a national soda pop is still not strong enough (market share,unit sales) to be sold as fountain soda pop. Coca Cola most likely has been or will do some test markets with Coke Zero fountain and BOB.

Coca Cola IMO wants to test the waters first to justify roll a out Coke Zero fountain/BOB. They are in business for profit and so are the bottlers and retailers (resturnats,bars,fast food). The last thing Coca Cola would want is to replace a "seller" on the fountain and replace it with Coke Zero that has not yet peaked in brand identification, especially with Diet Coke in the same line up. For now Diet Coke is still a "cash cow"

I mean that if Coke Zero is not accepted as a fountain selection it could be a detriment to Diet Coke's market share due to confusing customers about each brands unique taste.

[ 03-25-2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I think customers are confused enough regardless of whether or not it goes to a fountain.

Hell, if I hadn't found this site last year I would have thought Zero was just an improved Diet Coke (a la Pepsi One to Diet Pepsi), not a whole different drink.

A lot of fountains have two taps each for Coke and Diet Coke, so why not replace one of those extra taps with Zero?

i suppose it's all about "variety" and "demand." restaurants (and coke) want to give customers as much variety as possible.

also, even though i LOVE coke zero, and no longer drink diet coke, if i go to mcdonald's or a restaurant, i just order diet, or regular coke, since they don't have zero. i don't walk out. so, basically, coke isn't losing any sales by not adding zero to its fountain line-up.
    banned

Excellent point...Popologist.
    Coca Cola and the food service industry know that most "normal" people go to restaurants to eat food.

Us soda pop freaks have 70/30 percent chance of choosing a restaurant for what beverage company the have. LOL I guess that's why I will go to Taco Bell once in a while. I'm NOT crazy about Taco Bell's food but I do love a good Pepsi soda fountain. (IMO In Chi Town Pepsi soda fountains are not found as much.)

[ 03-26-2006, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I'm pretty sure meijer has it in their fountain near me.

the only stuff in most soda fountains are coke, diet coke (will be very very hard to kill that stuff off), and sprite...the other flavors vary by store, however I have not seen Coke zero or C2 in soda fountains yet.

I honestly don't think Coke zero will take diet Coke's sales, bad enough people still don't know what it is yet, and with 3 separate diet formulas from the same main product who can blame them.

I agree with your insight. That's been my big annoyance. The short term marketing of Coke's diet and no carb cola soda pop IMO is a disaster.
    If the marketing was done better, from the roll out forward people would have seen the brands for what they are. Speaking for myself (not about the soda pop industry)if I see a slightly changed product, chances are I will not buy it. Money is tight, I want to know what I'm getting.

And so it is with soda pop, people want to know what they are buying,period. Can you blame them?

[ 03-26-2006, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

That's true!... I didn't saw any restaurant or store selling Coke Zero on fountains... neither in the World of Coca-Cola in Vegas, but the funniest thing is that C2 is available in fountain there...

[ 03-26-2006, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]