Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Pepsi Bottling Group will replace 7-UP with Sierra Mist in all of its marketing areas by 2003.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Why? Who will bottle 7up????

Polar beverages bottles it here.

It's really not an issue of who will bottle it. It's an even bigger issue as to how will they get the same coverage from the Cadbury system? There will be many holes and potentially a lot of opportunity for smaller distributors?

Hell Cadbury bought Nantucket but it has not left the third tier system. A sign of things to come? This is going to get interesting!

The bottlers who handle the rest of the Cadbury lineup will most likely take control of 7UP bottling. In parts of Maryland, the Pepsi bottlers bottle 7up, while the Canada Dry bottlers are left with the rest of the line.

Cadbury should pull Dr Pepper from PBG anywhere they drop 7Up.

Of course, I'm sure the Pepsi bottlers asked their customers first which they prefer before making this decision, right?
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

I agree about Cadburry pulling Dr.Pepper from the Pepsi bottlers that are doing this.

There really confident that Sierra Mist is a better drink I suppose.

I like all 3 lemon-lime drinks honestly.

I doubt Pepsi thinks Sierra is better than 7UP but I'm sure that they think its close enough and that most people will switch. Plus I bet Pepsi makes more % off of slaes of mist cuz they don't have to pay DPSU any licensing costs and stuff. Hmmm I'm sure American Bott. Comp. will get it here, still I would love if CCE took it in. I wonder if my local Pepsi will lose Dr. Pepper......oh that would be nice then they really would have nothing that I enjoy drinking on a daily basis. Heehee maybe I could be Pepsi free by 03

-Avery
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Pepsi-Americas also announced they are dropping 7UP by 2003.

I think if Cadbury uses their head and seeks after smaller, more motivated 'little guys' to sell their brands, they'll soar way ahead of those golf course junkies at the Big Two. Those are the folks who stumble around the golf course drinking miniature plastic bottles of liquor mixed into 20oz plastic bottles of their junk. They are all dinosaurs but they just don't know it yet.

Cadbury's perhaps biggest danger is their willingness to trust quality brands to Snapple distributors. If they continue this trend they're all going to go down the same downward spiral as Coke and Pepsi are headed. This will probably take a decade or so to occur and in today's think-for-today-without-giving-a-thought-to-tomorrow mentality, it'll be interesting to see what path they choose.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!