Bevboard

When I return an empty soda can in NY I get five cents back,says so on the can. It also lists other states and the five cent deposit and ten cents for Michigan. For California it just says "cash refund value". What is the value of an empty can in CA?
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

CRV (California Redemption Value) in California is 2.5 center per can or bottle under one quart. Above one quart is 5 cents. Someone may correct me on the size, but I am pretty sure about that.

Michigan rules for the ten cents deposit. If anyone wants to drive a Ryder truck full of bottles here, I'll offer a room outside of Detroit.
    hahaha
    Tom
    woot woot

Ron, I'll correct you just for fun. The dividing point is 24oz. 24oz or over is 5¢ in CA. I'm such a recycler I ought to wear green clothing everywhere except that other than recycling (or better yet, refilling) I have nothing in common with the political views of the Green Party!

I once did a Michigan trip like that and I told the Seinfeld folks about that when I used to supply them with beverages; they ended up doing a sketch on that subject! I had a hell of a time convincing supermarket workers in Kalamazoo that I was pretty sure I had bought Jolt longnecks and Tsingtao Dark Beer there!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

For Dr Galaga.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

So why don't they just put the value on the cans and bottles like the other states?

Here in New Jersey we have no bottle bill.
    Good thing too.
    If I had to take back empties and store them that would so suck.
    I know there is some profit in it for distributors but it’s not enough to make it worth the trouble. At least not for me.