Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.5L in the US

I've heard rumblings that Coke is going to switch over from 2L to 1.5L in at least some markets in the US.

Berryclear Remix has been authorized in the chains here, and I was looking at some sheets for our military commissary, and they've got a Berryclear 1.5L bottle listed in there! I thought that was odd. Of course, they've also got fridgepack, 2L, 20oz listed, along with 16.9oz 6pk, which I doubt we'll ever see.

Any thoughts?

i've heard rumblings of 1.5's for years fusion. it would drop the price from 1.49 to probably 99 here. it'd kill the one liter too, which coke thinks is a bane of its existence anyway.
    woot woot

the 1L works for mixers, but we don't even bother to sell Coke/Sprite/Diet/Nestea in the supermarkets.. They're only really sold in convenience stores, and I think some bar type places order them. I agree, dump the 1L soda flavors.

keep the mixers, dump the rest.

agreed.

the costs are too high. places don't make enough on them unless they sell 20 cases a week.
    woot woot

1.5 liters are doing terribly in NYC metro.

Coke lost a ton of market share, and now they are .1 behind Pepsi -- 34.2 to 34.3 (Seltzer, Snapple, and private label are pretty strong in that market).

Previously they had 38.5 to Pepsi's 32.9. I remember when I worked up there in the late 90's -- Coke was #2 until CCE bought Coke NY out.

Coke's sales fell 12.7% in supermarkets, I believe in the 3 month period ending in the middle of June. Ouch.

Wow. Looks like this size was as I thought...a terrible idea!

of course it was a bad idea, the side was smaller and the price stayed the same.

i like the 1.5L i dont like the price though

The more I hear about this 1.5 liter from friends back in nyc and the internet buzz people are pissed! They are finding that the 2 liters are vanishing and the 1.5 liters are about the same price.the the company’s North America unit President and Chief Operating Officer Donald Knauss at coke had this to say... Asked why Coca-Cola has recently started selling its soft drinks in 1.5-liter bottles instead of the old 2-liter size, but charging the same amount, Knauss said it’s both a response to inflation and to ‘‘maximize revenue for the customer.’’
    ‘‘We’re testing a couple of different price points, we’ll see where it nets out,” Knauss said of the new bottle size, which is being tested in New York.
    He said Coca-Cola is trying to determine if 1.5 liters is a better portion size for consumers, who complain that soda in a
    2-liter bottle often goes flat in the refrigerator. as for the public Public feedback link 1 Public feedback link 2 This is going over like taking away classic coke did in 1985.the fact that i'm well north of the city puts me outside the range of the tri state area bottler.So I still have 1 liter & 2 liter bottles Here in Little falls.that could change if people sit quiet and let this concept make money and make it a no brainer to go national.Pepsi consumer affirs stated today they have no plans to follow suit and are sticking with the current packaging.However as we all know that can change fast if the money is there and if this concept works in NYC.Since this is the same company that said in responce to vanilla coke that it was to vanilla and would not follow suit.yet today we see pepsi vanilla in the stores.
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

In Indianapolis Pepsi Americas has started stocking 1.5L in supermarkets along with 2L. we also have 6-pack 12oz PET, 6-pack 500ml PET, 6-pack 24oz PET, single 1L PET, single 14oz PET, & single 20oz PET. I have seen 16oz PET in some areas around us served by WIS-PAK.