Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

I was down south this past week and the overwhelming concensus was if people want to loose weight...then dont drink!

With all the low carb beers, malternatives, energy drinks, etc. it seems kinda oxymoronish..doesnt it? I mean Ive never seen a fat drunkin redneck sittin at a bar with his gut over his belt pondering bud light or miller lite!
    Or him with his weight watchers pad counting off his carbs and points!

Just wondering what everyones opinion is on this lenght of this "fad"?

I dunno if its a fad or not, but i see it growing and fast.

I dont think that fat slob at the bar is going to get a beer with lower carbs, i think its people like me that are already skinny and want to keep it that way. I have 5.6% body fat, and I want to get it below 5%, and all these new choices for low carb or no carb products is great!

I think its going to pick up steam with people who were already watching their carbs, and also beacuse of the wealth of products available, push more people into the fold.

but Jimmy...if someone wants to loose weight or keep it off...doesnt it make sense to NOT drink?

amazing...this from a beer salesman.LOL

well, yes, if someone wants to lose weight and keep it off, they shouldnt necessarily be drinking.

but does that mean they wont want to indulge a little sometimes? no.

like i said, i am 5.X% body fat, and I still like to drink soda and eat other "bad things", but if i could indulge and be doing it with less calories, the better!

i don't see it dying off until people start keeling over from heart attacks.

i think it will be along for a while...

milwaukee's best light is also considered "low carb" and theres a new campaign out for htat.
    woot woot

At the store I work for, we're always getting in new 'low carb' products by the palletload. It looks like every company on Earth is jumping on the bandwagon. The market isn't near saturation point yet.

I have watched my carbs for the last 11 years and I eat what I want on Sundays! A glass of wine with dinner every other day! Moderation is the key and eat dinner on a small plate. Portions in this country are unreal! The low carb wave is just getting started!

anyone try the Coors "ASPEN EDGE"? its not bad. Im just wondering how long this craze will last.

To agree with edude, Moderation is key!! Thats with anything.

we have aspen edge here and we aren't doing as well with it as we thought we would, but we also have miller lite. i think coors is, as usual, behind the crowd on this one.
    woot woot

The low carb craze will last until a new beautiful person comes out with some other worthless diet scheme and sells it on Oprah, Today, Regis, etc.

The diet industry is a memorial to people's willingness to believe that there is a magic bullet out there other than simply eating less and working more.