Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Does anyone have any information about the Coke Classic slim cans shown at these ebay auctions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=746988188

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=746989625

Very interesting but are you sure are acutally Coke? They don't seem to have any identifying marks. If they are genuine then this is quite interesting indeed. I can just see coke moving to 8.3oz and charging us the same as 12oz. That better not happen.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

They do look like Coke cans to me, based on the color of the cans, the writing, and the shrink wrap around the cans. Looks just like KMX.

But the 'Coke' name isn't on the cans anywhere. It could just be some generic soda or possibly some kind of counterfeit. Don't regular sodas in parts of Asia come in those slim cans? All in all it's not worth buying, because it's obviously not a real Coke product. Could be that someone tried to make a knock-off energy drink and got a cease-and-desist order from Coke, so eBay is their only outlet to sell off some stock. People will buy just about any kind of worthless crap off eBay.

[ 12-24-2002, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Shatter ]

That is ebay's function. The selling of worthless crap to the dumb.

The cans do say "Coke Classic" at the bottom; they also have the new Coke Classic bottle outline small logo below the nutrition info panel like on the new issue 12oz cans as well as the Coca-Company copyright info...

I have a slim Coke can that someone brought back from Hong Kong. I know these being discussed are not the same as I have.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

since when has coke made slim's domestically? i have one from HK as well.
    woot woot

Could they be from another English speaking country such as England or some other European country? My main problem with these cans is that fact that I find it hard to belive that Coke would not smear their logo across every corner of that can. They arn't modest. I mean Coke wants you to know if what your drinking is a Coca-Cola they don't usually try and hide their brandname. As far as i'm concerned they could still be fakes much like they sell burned CD's shrinkwrapped in many Asian countries that look identical to the real ones. Even if they are going to come to the US there is no doubt that that they will change the design to show that it is Coke Classic and not some other brand. Very interesting.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

They could just be a bottler/demo only type of thing. I'm curious as to what the code is on the bottom of the cans. Even though there is no specific bottler listed on the can itself, the code should reveal who made it.