Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buried in the article on this page:

http://www.csnews.com/csn/cat_manage..._id=1001181088

"...bottlers said they got a taste of Coca-Cola Blak, a carbonated coffee cola, and Dasani Sensations, flavored sparkling water. Both are set to launch next year. The company plans to package Coca-Cola Blak in an 8-ounce glass bottle shaped like an old-fashioned Coke bottle. The bottle will be black and have gold writing, according to materials distributed to bottlers at the meeting."

Any pics of the bottle or other news about Coca-Cola Blak, anyone?

<a href=\"http://www.soda-blog.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.soda-blog.com</a>

An 8oz bottle of a coffee drink seems some what lame. Just by association with Coca Cola and other soft drink companies, I have been brain washed into consuming super sized drinks. If I really like this new beverage being frugal I may not buy it. I can't afford to pay 3 to 4 dollars for two servings.

I would rather see Coca Cola Blac be marketed along with the Soda Pops in 16.9oz bottles and fridge packs for at a dollar or so above the soda pops in these sizes.

I believe launching this product in the Coffee drink catagory is a very ambitious move on Coca Cola's part. Just my two cents.

[ 11-06-2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

getting sick of pepsi/coke trying to move product into odd packaging and charge more.

i think blak and mdx would find alot more success in fridge packs at the same price..

Awesome.

SEV

I got one of these cans\bottles last week. The packaging is awesome... it's an aluminum bottle with a crown top..

Originally posted by wonkapete:
    I got one of these cans\bottles last week. The packaging is awesome... it's an aluminum bottle with a crown top..
    The article referenced above states that Coca-Cola Blak will be packaged in a black 8-ounce glass bottle shaped like an old-fashioned Coke bottle, with gold writing. Anyone have a pic of this bottle?

Just got back from France. The product is Awesome. It is packaged two ways. One is a gold can the typical size and shape of other energy drinks, sold in vending machines for 1.60euro. The other is a metal bottle shape, as some one else has already posted - with a non-screw-top (so you need a bottle opener) and sold for roughly 1 euro in supermarkets.

The product has 2x coca-cola caffeine, and must be declared when boarding a plane as an explosive (just kidding).

I brought back 8 bottles, and can't wait for it to go on the marked in USA.

Like always I love to try new things. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I hope it's drinkable.

Say how does it taste? Was there enough sweetness and smoothness to it's taste?

Sure, tastes more like carbonated coffee than coke. Real smooth, no mid-carb taste. The French like their coffee strong, but it suited my NorthAmerican taste just fine.

Unlike many of the flavored beverages, that simply taste like an additive, this tastes truly like an infusion of real coffee ... just as advertized.

I came across it in the vending machine at the Paris train station (Montparnasse) first. The ad-space on the machine is promoting it, so I gave it a try.... I would like the bottle to be larger though, to 20oz.

.... maybe I should sell a bottle on ebay ...