Bevboard

Lets hear it from the beverage board are sales up or down. What is the word on the streets from retailers are they buying or sitting tight? Are they sticking to the tried and true or are they looking at new products too!

I will start here in Chicago town it's cold as Ice and they are watching there inventories and waiting for a thaw. Cash is tight and only the necessities will do. So it's more the whether than the economy in the mid west.

Well, the winter off season so far has been some of my best sales months ever. My best area is Salt Lake City of all places. But I have seen a drop off in my larger cities, Sacramento takes a hit durring the economy times, and San Francisco, lets just say my last big dist. would walk out of stores with no order for their own brands (Coors, Miller, Sierra Nevada, Corona, etc.) so my brand got no love. I guess sales will always drop off in the harder times, but if you are in a touristy area, try and ride it out.

sales are down. i've heard of a couple stores closing nearby where i live, and the rumor is this one chaldean guy torched a couple of his porrperforming party stores.

as for specific things, more milwaukee's best or othercheaper beers are selling. same with 40z. i do real well with 40z or 22z or those oil cans of good beers like heineken, labatts etc... the holidays were very good for us though, expensive beer wise.
    woot woot

I don't know about average sales, but Bev & More had a BIG run on the gourmet sodas just before New Year's. When I went there on the 2nd I almost thought they were discontinuing them!
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...