Bevboard

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see if the people of this board could possibly give some help. (Networking) I was in the soft drink industry for 4 years with Pepsi cola in the Detroit market Unit. I did extremely well while I was there, but for some reason I decided to go to another industry which was not as fun. I have been out of it for two years, and I am trying to get back in it someway, somehow. I have excellent references from Pepsi, but the fact is they are doing some serious downsizing this year and I want to make a move within the next three or so months, just in time for spring>>> Where I am having some difficulty is finding contacts for Miller, Budweiser, any Wine companies or specialty distributor. Any information or contact help would be really appreciated.

Wow,

If I knew my post was going to be this hot I would have packed a lunch. Well just wanted to say thanks for the effort. I really enjoy reading your discussions on particular topics on this board.

You have to atleast say what city you live in or what are you are around.

And we aren't the beverage gods. We don't know everyone in every business in every state in the US. Many of the posters don't even work in the beverage business.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

Royal Crown is building a new plant near Charlestown West Virginia. Maybe you should apply for a job there. Then again, maybe you shouldn't. What do I know? I just like good soda.

hey chief. i have phone numbers for eastown, tri-county, great lakes and more. but honestly, what networking do you need to get a salesmen's job?
    woot woot

LIlGuy,

Did you get the PM I sent you a couple of days ago? Just wondering. Hey I didn't mean to piss anyone off just wanted to see if anyone actually read the thing. Sometimea a negative reaction is better than no reaction that way you have somewhere to start.

I have been doing alot of searching and talked to my buddies from Pepsi, and finally just went into one of my old accounts and borrowed the vendor log sheet with a list of all of the vendors and district managers in the detroit area.

As for networking for a sales job, Name dropping is the #1 way to get in the door in this industry.

Example, when you get a new account and the manager will tend to give you a hard time from the start if you find out what circle he is in and name drop BANG 500 CASE DISPLAY NEXT WEEK...

I used to merchandise and be the Presell at the Kroger on Kerchival when I first started. You familiar...Guy