Bevboard

I ran into an Albertson's today to pick up something for dinner, and naturally I had to check out the soda aisle. They had a few things that suprised me. Like Concord Grape Frostie. My Kroger across town only sells plain Grape Frostie. They also had Orange Frostie, which i'd never tried before. And Frostie Root Beer and Cherry Limeade..... in 2 liters??? I've really never seen that before! And the store also sold 20 oz. PET bottles and 12-pack cans of Spicewood Springs Lemonade, too! I've only seen that in Louisiana, even though it's bottled here in Texas.

Albertson's stores always seem to suprise me, every time I go to a new location. They tend to carry a lot more local sodas than Kroger stores do. Kroger just sells the basic glass bottled sodas like most store chains sell, like IBC.

One thing I noticed, they didn't have Ginseng Up anymore. With the thick layer of dust on the bottles the last time I went in there, I guess they thought they should put the shelf space to better use.

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

The last time I was in an Albertsons was several years ago in Boise Idaho. I was surprised at what they had. Dr. Pepper, Vernors Ginger Ale, Coke, Sprite, Barqs, Big Red, and a few others. All of these were in glass bottles. Not bad for a supermarket. This was a few years ago though.

Albertson's is very interesting. Some of our regional affiliates are providing them with all sorts of great stuff in glass bottles. But here in Los Angeles where I've got a 26000 sq ft warehouse with almost a thousand different glass-bottled sodas, the Albertson's buyer just wants hard cash and couldn't care less if you pee in a bottle and pay. It always amazes me how the end consumer is hardly a thought in the minds of the people who control industry.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!