Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I realize this product is a little more expensive but with all the potential dangers of Aspartame and the inability of others to maintain sweetness over time why is anyone still using these products???? Does quality mean anything? Splenda has been around since 1999 and still some are using inferior sugar substitutes??? Crazy!

Edude, I'm all for the use of quality sweetners in beverage, such as pure cane sugar, but what makes you think that sucralose is safer than aspartame? It may taste better, be more expensive, but how can you be sure it's a safer product? As it is a new product, no one can predict the side-effect linked with long term human consumption of sucralose. It may have FDA's GRAS status, but so does aspartame, ace-k and etc.

[ 05-05-2004, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Startup Dude ]

Splenda is in 50 countries and was tested by the FDA for 7 years without the vast numbers of problems associated with aspartame. Even after a year Splenda has tested to keep its sweetness, Aspartame loses more than 40% !!! Enough Said!

I wouldn't want to hang my hat on what the FDA approves. FDA approval of aspartame (a known neurotoxin) got aspartame fast-tracked throughout the world and now it is the highest source of complaints to the FDA.

Long-term studies should be decades long...not seven years. Sucralose is chlorinated sugar!

Re Stevia Dude's reply.

...and salt is Chlorinated Sodium. Both ingedients are poisonous. So what's your point.

There are poisons in our drinking water. That does not mean our drinking water is POISONOUS for us to drink!!!

oh energy dude, do you think that the commies are brainwashing you through your tapwater?
    woot woot

I suspect that there was a bunch of money invested into aspartame some years back by major aspartame users, so they won't be in a hurry to throw those investments away.

Aspartame gives me a slight headache, but Splenda seems to give me intestinal problems. Can we bring back cyclamtes?

Chlorinated sugar? I suspect that what happens during digestion, since everyone has Hydrochloric Acid in their stomachs. I understand Sulfuric Acid is used during Cane Sugar refining.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Splenda is a much better product than Aspartame why companies are still using it I don't understand.

energydude is going to be pushing a new water with Splenda in it. This is why he has a hard on for Splenda and everything else sucks.
    hold your nose, here it comes!!!!