Bevboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Just thought it would be funny to hear some folks experience of the absolute worst tasting soda that they have ever had the displeasure of tasting in their lifetime!

I would have to say that CelRay soda had to be the absolute worse tasting drink I have ever tried. I literally did the "TV sitcom spitout" of the beverage after one small swig from the can. I would have loved to have been at the taste testing of that beverage at the companies product meeting back when it was first introduced. I would have wanted to see who gave it the thumbs up and have them immediately tested for a heartbeat!

I love celery as a rule,..really I do,..but as a carbonated beverage?! What were they thinking?

Also not far from the list was a Jones Soda that I tried while on the road to Alabama. I believe it was supposed to be a melon flavor or something,...but it nearly caused a wreck as I swerved off the road in agony and shock!!!
    Todd P. Dolce

#3 - Moxie. It tasted like a cola run through a car's crank case. Rank.

#2 - Dad's Creamy Red Soda. Tasted like Big Red, filtered through a mummy. Ick.

#1 - First Tee Plantation Peach Ice Tea. It's not actually a soda, but it's the worst drink i've ever had by far. I like peach iced tea, but it tasted like it was made with Satan's bath water. Once the flavor registered in my brain, I immediately spit it out and rinsed out my mouth. I've never had a reaction that strong to a drink before or since.

Runners up are Afri-Cola (tasted like muddy water), Sanpellegrino Chinotto (like an Italian Moxie), Bundaberg Lemon Lime and Bitters (emphasis on bitter), and Reed's Regular Strength Ginger Ale (Regular strength? Could have fooled me......)

I’ve tried some pretty awful stuff overseas but most of those probably wouldn’t be considered sodas. The US brands which gave me some memorable heaves...

Faygo diet Coconut cream pie. This was one of those “gee, that sounds interesting” purchases. Tasted like a shredded plastic coconut mixed with water.

Bambino Banano. A non-carb banana drink from the ‘70s, consistency like a Yoo-Hoo but without the chocolate taste. It was pretty bad, especially if you didn’t shake it with a paint mixer before opening.

I agree with the earlier comments about Moxie and Cel-ray. I’ve had a can of Moxie in my fridge for a couple of months but no one will drink it.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Green Apple Soda Batch No. 6. I thought it would be interesting as I like an occassional apple soda. This stuff tasted like chemicals and I found it undrinkable. The bottle is pretty cool and I still have an unopened bottle. I think they should go back to the drawing board...maybe Batch No. 7?

Diet Pepsi !!! Simply a lousy product!

Pepsi should be ashamed!

For me:

#1 Shasta Diet Chocolate: Smelled nice, but it was like carbonated Baking (unsweetened) Cocoa. Gag.

#2 Fanta Tonic Water: Tried it in 1981, when I never met a Fanta I didn't like. Until this. One of the very few sodas I've poured down the drain!!

#3 Original Moxie: Combine Tonic water & Diet Barq's Root Beer with SWEET Dr. Pepper. I might get used to this, but it still tasted like a car care product!

#4 Sprecher Ginger Ale: Like carbonated potpourri, weird flavored.

#5 Big Red: Too bitter.

#6 Dr. Brown's Celray: Yes, strange!

Dishonorable mention: All the Jones flavors & Trader Joe's Root Beer taste like they REALLY cut corners on the sweeteners. They do taste better with a little sugar.

Since I don't drink I can't comment on Vermouth.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

My worst taste experiences are just like everyone elses, Moxie and that bitter stuff from the World Of Coca-Cola fountain.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

For me it's a tie between Tab and Tropical Sprite Remix. Tab just had this nasty, burning taste that kind of hurt my mouth!

Tropical Sprite Remix smelled ok but I think the closest thing I can compare it to is the liquid form of Imodium AD - not something I want to drink unless I have to

I few truly awful ones I've tried lately...

Trader Joe's Cream Soda - all vanilla, no cream, hideous. They should be embarrased to have their name on this one.

Natural Brew Vanilla Cream Soda - more like cream of ass! Absolutely disgusting. Horrible aftertaste. Should've known by the "natural" in the title it would probably suck.

Jones Blue Bubble Gum - one I had to try. I knew going in it could go either way, but I didn't expect it to taste like spoiled clam juice! At the very least it should have tasted like spoiled clam juice bubble gum. I might have bought an expired batch. At least I got to return this one.

Caveat Emptor!

At first I thought Moxie, but having had it a bit I can say that I like it when it is cold.
    Really though, that Mr. Green was terrible!
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!