Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

With most of the 7UP out of the Pepsi system. DPSU can now really do something will all the flavors and RC Cola they have a great line up. They need to go full speed and if Pepsi and Coke get mad, then that means they are doing things right. If Coke and Pepsi don't like it they can give up Dr. Pepper and DPSU wins again. As a lot of you know they only sell Dr. Pepper for the money, when they can replace it they will.

Does anybody know what the numbers are like for coke when they had mr.pibb and then it was switched to Pibb extra. All I know is that they've been hitting that hard around here where they don't have Dr.Pepper, so hopefully it is doing good so they drop it and go exclusively with Pibb extra.

Originally posted by FIZZMAN:
    Does anybody know what the numbers are like for coke when they had mr.pibb and then it was switched to Pibb extra. All I know is that they've been hitting that hard around here where they don't have Dr.Pepper, so hopefully it is doing good so they drop it and go exclusively with Pibb extra.
    This brings up an intersting point. If you've ever had Pepsi Dr Pepper, it tastes like total CRAP compared to Coke's version. ABC's Version is spotty (Red Fusion in particular tastes nasty from both ABC and Pepsi)

I tend to think Pepsi is intentionally making poor quality products from DPSU just so they can get rid of them.

not so they can get rid of them, but so people will buy cherry pepsi instead...
    woot woot

The wise position for DPSU is as a 3rd major, undercutting on price, particularly in the fountain market. RC, 7UP, Dr Pepper, etc.

We have Pepsi bottled Dr Pepper in my area. Tastes like swill. Horrid. I never buy it. Anytime I travel, I always buy some CCE/CCBCC or independent Dr Pepper. Totally different drink.

yeh we have pepsi bottled Pepper here so I rarely drink it. So are those numbers for Pibb Xtra up alot? or just alittle? As for dumping DP I think Coke does a faily good job with the brand as do ABC. Pepsi however has no respect for DPSU in general as we can see with this whole 7up thing. Just like they did a few years back with 7up around here all the Yum inc. locations have dropped Pepper in place of Wild cherry Pepsi. To me this says that within a few years Pepsi will drop the brand. DPSU needs to focus on small dist. and maintain a good relationship with Coke. They need more fountains too.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

For many reasons, I always find it interesting to read ideas on what DPSU should do. Trust me on this.

1.) Stop bending over for DPSUBG.
    - Take control of this organization similar to how CCNA swings CCE around by the tail.
    - Do whatever it takes to remove the current
    Sr. Management of this bottler

2.) Develop a sales organization that performs ALL chain calls for both bottle / can and fountain in those areas controlled by large third tier bottlers. This what CCNA has done with CCE. Many CCE employees were on the CCNA payroll last year and watch how many slide over to CCE during Coke's cutback. All Coke does is move employees to CCE, pay them more "marketing funds" and continue to slip their hands into Wall Street's boxers. Move their overhead to CCE.

3. Develop a cold drink sales organization that places vendors and Fountain equipment. Again the bottler delivers.

4.) If a bottler does not perform to standards, lose him

5. Prepare for taking Dr. Pepper from Pepsi. Be the aggressor not the receiver. Trust me, Pepsi and Coke houses would be reeling from this. Dr Pepper makes them ALOT of money

These changes may be in the wind, but it seems the breeze is still out to sea

dpsu will always be third until they produce quality products. any 7up or other products i get from them have pop all over them. the packages are ripped. the caps on the bottles not sealed tight. it's pathetic. one might think that they could get their act together.
    woot woot

DPSU produces nothing other than concentrate!! Bottlers who sell DPSU brands produce products and yes there are some who do it poorly.

Like I said, if bottlers dont meet expectations in EVERY area....send them packing

Originally posted by JACK:
    DPSU produces nothing other than concentrate!! Bottlers who sell DPSU brands produce products and yes there are some who do it poorly.

Like I said, if bottlers dont meet expectations in EVERY area....send them packing
    And ABC is the worst offender of the bunch! Their 12 packs are crappy, and the 20 oz bottles are not sealed right, they taste like CRAP.

The same product done by Coke tastes far better!