Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quote from the bevnet

"we're not quite sure what practical purposes this patent will have. It's up to Jones to decide if they want to focus on selling soda or paying lawyer bills.

So what does one do with a bottle of MyJones? Well, we gather that most people are not purchasing this product to consume. We tried a few of our bottles just for the purposes of writing this article, but otherwise we have the product sitting on our desks and bookcases. They make for cool keepsakes, but it's not likely something we'd consume on a regular basis. We assume that this is the case for most people who purchase MyJones.

Overall, we like the service and the product that we received, but it left us wondering -- is this a profitable operation for Jones? The bottom line is that any beverage company needs to sell product. Does this help Jones sell more soda? We're not quite sure.

Tell it like it is Novelty baby!

it doesn't help them sell more soda. however, it helps them sell a dozen sodas at the low low price of 34.95 plus 14.95 for shipping and handling. i kid you not.

i wonder if they charge deposit for me in michigan?

a couple years ago i got myjones and they were alot cheaper. we got four cases (96 bottles) and gave them out as gifts for my graduation party. i had always had jones in school so my parents thought it'd be funny. it had my senior picture on it and everything. i thought it was clever.

anyway, if you can sell twelve sodas that costs you 2 cents each to make, but with a little increased labor with the website, store, people doing graphics etc... probably coooosts like a buck a bottle. they make profit on the shipping cost, let alone the 34.95.

for once, sounds like he's got a brilliant idea.
    woot woot

I don't know, man... seems like it'd be cheaper and more appropriate just to put the buyer's mug on a dunce cap!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Working for Jones (something I would like to forget) I know that it costs more for Jones because it is not a simple scan and paste process. They have to make a new mold for their label, which creates a higher price for a smaller batch. Hey if you are a big corporation or having a weding or something, great get your picture or logo on it. If you are THE COMPANY, do you hope that this is not another failed idea? Keeping Jones Juice looking like the rest of Jones so customers will see the conection, then changing it a year or so later saying they need to keep the juice different. Wanting to keep all sales together, then saying you need to keep seperate sales forces for Juice, Soda, and Energy. Then realising you are paying to much, so you combine sales again. I could go on and on, but I will simply sum it all up in a quote from a Jones Soda Employee, who will remain nameles because I like them.
    "Working for Jones is like playing a fu*ked up game of survivor. Anyone can go at anytime."

I think it's time for a public service announcement:

This is your brain.
    This is your brain on Jones. Any questions?
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

I took a picture of my butt and sent it to Jones soda to put on their bottles because thats what I thought it tasted like. I thought it was a good idea, but they did not use the picture.
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

I have to say, even without the novelty labels, I would still buy this stuff for the actual drink. I can't comment on what it's like working there, but I find the flavors unique and there is nothing else quite like it in Chicago.
    Drink Responsibly

Gee whiz, you are in Chicago which is the home of Cool Mountain. I don't want to knock Cool Mountain by saying it is similar to Jones so I will just settle for 'better'. But gee whiz if you run into Bill From Cool Mountain you could probably get him to give you a few free bottles to try it out and you will really be impressed!

Also if you want to get a bunch of root beers I can give you some suggestions but you will have to send an e-mail to kavakaze@yahoo.com for more information. I even know where to get AJ Stephans which is from Boston!!

to all newcomers, soda smelly just can't stand that jones is getting bigger everyday. It is hilarious watching the few knuckleheads continue to be in denial. Sorry j haters they are for real