Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Well, it was a trip to Virginia that detoured to West Jefferson I had to take my mother up to Halifax county Virginia to stay with my grandmother. I stayed up that way for 5 days, went up to Harpers Ferry and did some cycling on the C&O Towpath and basically had a real vacation for the first time in a long time.

I knew I was going to head over and get some WJDP on my way back, but I almost didn't make it I left Halifax county yesterday at about 12:15pm and headed out 40 west. I did not realize exactly how winding and mountainess it was. The road atlas really doesn't show that aspect of it. From there I got on 58, then 221 south. It seems for every 5 miles of driving you are only making 1 mile of forward progress. To make a long story short, I did not arrive in Jefferson until 4:30...closing time [img]redface.gif[/img] I still had not made it to WJ, had not found NC163, and most importantly, the warehouse. I found 163 and blew right by the warehouse and turned around. As I was driving in there, knowing they were closed, I didn't know if I should stick around town and get a motel room, try to find some in stores or just head back. The rental SUV was due back at 9PM on Friday in Daytona Beach. If I got up at 9am and got my drinks, I would be doing well to make it back in time to drop off the rental.

It was possible I might have to pay $50-80 for a motel and another $50+ to keep the rental another day. None of that was necessary [img]smile.gif[/img] I saw a couple people leaving and they said just to walk into the warehouse and someone would get what I needed. No one b*tched about me being there after they were technically closed, they were very friendly and got everything I wanted without groaning about it. That is a class act up there. Much different than the attitude you typically run across here in Florida.

So here is my haul

Basically

That's a lot of DP!
    Feed the rush!

Awesome!!!!!!
    Did you pop a few open on the ride back home?
    (Dumb question, I bet you had an ice cooler keeping a few nice and cold.)

Nice picture. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Zabe

And you didn't even honk when you drove by ...
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Originally posted by Cheer-wined:
    And you didn't even honk when you drove by ...
    Next time I'll remember to do that [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mr Zabe, would you believe I made it all the way home without drinking one? It's true. I didn't even get them into the refrig until this afternoon. But I have since enjoyed some the WJ goodness

[ 11-18-2005, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: 01GTB ]

May I ask how much it cost to make those purchases? I am just wondering because I would love to go there sometime and I would like to know about how much I would need to take with me.

It's right at $15.50 per case with tax. I spent just under $300 for 19 cases.

Originally posted by BATBL18:
    That's a lot of DP!
    If he is anything like myself that DP will be gone in no time. I seen the pic and thought "man that's alot of Sundrop"
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

O1GTB
    You are a much stronger man than me. I would have never been able to keep my hands off the good stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Zabe

The Sundrop is for a couple of friends. I may snag a bottle or two from them. The RC and the 7UP were only purchased because I saw them sitting there and said...what the heck The Dr Pepper is what I went for! And the saint is right...it doesn't look like enough to last very long. Honestly, I will probably drink a bottle a day, maybe two sometimes. But I bought half of it for my Dad. He is an old school DP drinker dating back to the 1940's. I swear, he puts away a 2-liter a day. His half, and probably some of mine will be gone by mid-January

On top of that, you know people are going to find out about it. You can't hide it well enough. Friends will surely claim a case or better.