Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I remember as a kid that my Grand Parents only drank lemon lime soda pop. This was back in the early 1970's. The return bottles (8pk) were green. I do not think it was 7up. I do not recall if it was a coke or pepsi product. This is driving me nuts. It was a popular brand. They drank about 2 8pk a week. I remember it tasted good and had good carbonation.

Maybe it was 7up????

By the way,I brought some fresh 7up yesterday. As of today, 7up now replaces Sprite on my top 5 soda pop favorites. Why? 7up has for a lack of a better term "stiffer" lemon lime taste. It's sweet and flavorful with out going over the edge. I found it satisfying and refreshing.

[ 11-20-2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Was it Team, which IIRC was made by pepsi?

I remember TEEM. It was bottled by Pepsi here in California. I was still able to buy that in Tijuana, Mexico until about 8 years ago. I miss that stuff.

Was TEEM the correct spelling? It pre dates slice, which I think came around 86 or 87. Though I will have to say, 7 up is a superior product. though I do not think the lemon/lime taste is all that strong. Sprite in the UK has a good lemon after taste.
    The US lacks a good nation wide lemon drink. Both Coke and Pepsi have them overseas. Lift in Australia comes to mind.
    A stong, tangy drink.
    The closest here is the italian sodas Whole Foods sell.
    Ah well.

i agree with you zabe - 7up is "stiffer" - thats cause sprite tastes like crap (in my opinion) 7up is still the best lemon lime, even better then sierra mist
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

Well said. [img]smile.gif[/img]

hmmm... could it be bubble up? I remember seeing my teachers drinking that all the time back in my earlier years.

ramonazo Guest

Sprite is the best here!!!!

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

The mexican sprite is very good. Much better than the USA version.

I searched the cyber high way and learned that in the 1970's in the Chicago market, Sprite and 7up were the two leading lemon lime soft drinks.

Sprite was rolled out in 1961 there abouts so now I'm pretty sure my Grand Parents brought the cheapest of the two,Sprite and 7up.

All I cared about was chugging down my own ice cold bottle when I use to visit them. LOL