Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello all,

I'm researching into the anti-hangover drinks market and was interested to know if anyone had any experience or knew of any effective products available in the US or Europe...

I've already come accross resurrect (www.resurrectme.com) and wonder if anyone has tried it? I've also found Hango and Urban Detox in America. I understand that an anti-hangover Thai product 'Hang' is on its way to the UK soon and that there are a few Korean products out there including Condition-F.

From what I've read from various postings i see that there are a lot of beverage industry experts on Bevnet and welcome any feedback or comments.

Thanks for you time,

Olly

ramonazo Guest

Eat chilaquiles buddy... good for hangover...

[ 11-22-2005, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

When I used to drink way back when, I used to drink some water through out my drinking day/night. For sure during my 24 hour party days, I would take an hour off and just drink water. Before I would pass out I would drink at least a large glass of water.

When I would wake up some 3 to 4 hours later I would drink more water then either take some aspirin or start drinking again.

(Note,I usually stayed drunk but not completely wasted. Pacing your drinks works wonders. LOL)

Those chilaquiles look good! Thanks for your feedback, however I'm more interest in mineral, vitamin and herbal supplements that can be taken before and during drinking to reduce or eliminate a hangover. I'm looking to produce a commercial drink over here in the UK...

I don't think I would want to be involved in a product that indirectly encourages people to consume more alcohol, but that's just me.

Interesting point fusion. The angle I take is that people will drink regardless of the dangers, and any product that reduces the negative impacts of alcohol on the body is a plus. In fact, surveys have shown that individuals who use anti-hangover cures become more educated about alcohol metabolism and as a result tend to consume alcohol more responsibly.

ramonazo Guest

Originally posted by fusion:
    I don't think I would want to be involved in a product that indirectly encourages people to consume more alcohol, but that's just me.
    I'm agree with you... well I don't drink alcohol and as a result I've never had a hangover, but I think that alcohol consumers have to be more responsable in their alcohol consumption, maybe a product can cure the physical hangover, but not the moral one.

[ 11-23-2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

A ton of money gets spent on hang over cures.

The best thing is to stay hydrated even when you are drinking. 2 to 1 ratio.....two hard drinks then one glass of water.

Morning after, if your stomach can take it, water, vitamin C (orange juice works wonders) asprin and more water and a nice long nap.

Hang overs are a result of dehydration from the booze. Paying lots of money for hydration is silly. In the height of my party days. I always managed to take hydration breaks. I don't remember getting any major hangovers. Well, come to think of it from 1979 to 1983 I don't remember much of anything.

[ 11-23-2005, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Hangovers are caused by a number of factors. The main contributors are acetaldehyde and dehydration caused by the alchol and cogeners (byproducts of the fermentation process). Mr Zabe is right in the fact that drinking lots of water whilst drinks will help keep you hydrated, but it is also possible to combat the acetaldehyde and cogeners with an anti-hangover product (be it tablet or drink), to fight general dehydration.

To be given an option of having a couple of vodka & coke's and a water, or a couple of anti-hangover drinks and vodka would be great.

I trying to research into hangover preventions rather than cures, and whilst it's interesting to hear your personal 'cures' or ethical opinions, I really want to hear from those who have sampled or heard about anti-hangover drinks such as 'Hango', 'Urban Detox' or 'Resurrect'. Thank you for your time.

Olly

I've never heard of any of them, personally. I do see those "Chaser" pills around, and I remember commercials for them as well.

I have also lost two relatives to drunk drivers, so I am obviously biased against encouraging drinking.