Bevboard

I thought I had seen it all when I stumbled upon this, a new "anti-American cola" called Mecca Cola, it's supposedly made for muslims who doesn't like to drink American brands... I had no idea that politics had to invade even the world of soft drinks, check the links for more info.

BBC News article

CNN article

Mecca Cola official site (in French)
    Do the Dew!

Maybe it's not politics. Maybe they just think American colas suck

There are several colas marketing on the anti-american image. Mecca (made in france) Qibla (I believe U.K.) and Zam Zam (Iran). With exception of Zam Zam- actually made in middle east-- it would seem more marketing than any other motive.

Well since it's only available in plastic then I guess that shows that it's not sold based upon any sort of quality...

When I was a kid I once sent a letter to the Zam Zam Bottling Company in Iran asking for bottle caps for my collection but they didn't send me any.

I think we're all better off drinking Afri-Cola in glass bottles. After all, you don't have to buy Coke or Pepsi; you don't have to buy the other extreme, and hey if German power can be confined to a bottle then perhaps the world will be a better place after all [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!