Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coca-Cola North America today announced that it will introduce Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda in the United States in the second quarter of 2005.

Diet Coke with Splenda will have a distinct label with the name of the sweetener on it as well as a yellow streak. The world's largest beverage maker will continue to sell traditional Diet Coke, which is flavored with aspartame, separately.

wonder why the yellow, seems like it will look like diet coke with lemon, except for that extra bar of a few colors underneath the coke.. seems to have maybe a blue and a red and black in there.

Yellow is Splenda's color. Look at the packets, the boxes, the bulk bags. All are yellow. You've also got the blue cap to set it apart from the other diet flavors.

Lemon - yellow. Lime - green. Cherry - black (usually)

I can't help but wonder if this is what started out as Coke Zero.

well i have actually grown to love regular diet coke, but i can see this being good too.

i was hoping coke zero (diet coke with splenda) would be formulated to taste like regular coke, but with splenda, unlike the diet coke which seems to have an entirely differnet flavor profile.

if this is just the diet coke flavor sweetened with splenda, thats kind of a let down.. if its the coke profile but diet and made with splenda, that would be great

its basically replacing the regular Diet Coke all they did was change sweetners and added lively colors.

ahh, well thats kinda lame.. i already enjoy diet coke.. was hoping for a second diet coke that would be different flavor profile..

lame lame lame lame lame.

diet pepsi/pepsi one has it done right, two different diet flavors both no carbs.

i guess ill try it, who knows maybe ill like it more, but i love the taste of diet coke as is.

Originally posted by XLS_04:
    its basically replacing the regular Diet Coke all they did was change sweetners and added lively colors.
    I'm not sure that is correct - the press release states "Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda will be the seventh addition to the Diet Coke family" and "The millions of current Diet Coke devotees across America shouldn't be concerned - the Diet Coke they love will stay just as it is."

Is this possibly what has been referred to as "Coca-Cola Zero"?

If this is Coke Zero I'll be really disappointed. I was looking forward to something that tastes like Coke. I hate the taste of Diet Coke.

And if you read the press release on the website it contains not only Splenda but Ace-K. It seems to me "Aspartame Free" would be a more accurate description. This just looks like they are trying to cash in on the Splenda name.

How can I find out the ingredient listing for this?

so when is this going to realistically hit stores?