Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ah... Right now I am drinking my first Coke II (New Coke) since like 1989. I forgot how good this stuff tastes! Yeah its a lot different than classic, and classic is good, but am I the only one who liked this stuff? Man this is bringing back memories!
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

I like Coke II also. A matter of fact I used to post Coke II information frequently. Where did you get it???? I though Coca-Cola in Atlanta dropped that shortly after Vanilla Coke came out.

Well I know of one place online that sells it in cans.

Coca-Cola Beverage Company Micronesia Inc.

If only I can get them to deliver it!

[ 02-19-2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: XLS_03 ]

Heheh, I know a great place to get em - there is a guy on Ebay that sells cans for 2.99 a pop. Search for Coke II and you'll see it. He must have bought hundreds of cans, and making a very handsome profit.

Hmm I just went to Ebay and they are not there.. well they usually are, keep your eye out for em.
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

The last time I had a Coke II it was still called "New Coke". I liked Classic better, but I did also enjoy a New Coke once in awhile.

By the way, someone is also selling a 12 pack of SURGE on eBay and right now the bidding is at $21.50!

what does coke 2 taste like ive never had it.
    rain makes the corn grow,<br />corn make the liquor flow,<br />Lord, Lord let it rain!

Oh ok ebay! I was thinking that too but wasn't sure, thanks.... what would we do without the internet.

As far as what Coke II tastes like well..... some people say Pepsi (usually people that dont drink either of the two on a regular basis), some people say it tastes like diet Coke without the NutraSweet, some people say flat Pepsi, and so on.

The best way I could describe it is this... an improved version of classic Coke, its smoother, a little bit more sweeter, and still has a regular Coke taste in it at the same time but without the battery acid/ or rusty after taste as I have often heard people reffer to classic Coke.

The taste? In my oppinion it has a more Caffeine free Pepsi taste, in that it is pretty sweet compared to the classic. It also just has this aftertaste that I can't really describe - except it tastes like the 80's. Hahah I know that means nothing to everyone else, but it just reminds me of being a youngster drinking New Coke. Classic has more of a kind of rooty, bitter aftertaste compared to the Coke II - Coke II is just sweeter and smoother (and more prone to giving folks stomach aches!). It tasted like a new drink; people yearned for the old fashioned formula of Coke Classic after New Coke had been out for a little bit. Overall though, its not a bad drink at all!

To someone that has not drank it in that long of time I suppose I know what you mean by your after taste comment. Although I never had stomach aches from it. I have some information about new Coke that explains most of the history about it.

Most people think it was renamed Coke II after they released Coca-Cola classic.... that's not true.

New Coke made it's debut in April, 1985, but in July, 1985 The Coca-Cola Company released there older version again and renaming it Coca-Cola classic. Even though they brought back the old version they still made sure new Coke had more ad sponsors and was on sale more etc... They even made the newer version there number one brand picking up where old Coke left off. The word "New" was on the packaging for about 3-6 months then dropped and was just called Coke/Coca-Cola. Coca-Cola classic at that time had older looking graphics and was considered there number two brand.

By early 1987 Coca-Cola began to test market newer graphics for New Coke and Coca-Cola classic in some areas I know Los Angeles was one of those area's. The new graphics used a white and silver dynamic ribbon for Coca-Cola classic, and new Coke had a white and blue dynamic ribbon and silver stripes in the background and the word "Coke" was in italic letters. These new graphics were released nationally in 1988. (this is when more ads focused on Coca-Cola classic)

In the spring of 1990 The Coca-Cola Company began to test market New Coke under a new name:Coke II the red white and blue colors remained and it was targeted to Pepsi drinkers.
    I know Los Angeles and parts of New York were part of the test market areas.

Finally in 1992 New Coke was officially renamed Coke II across the US and Canada.

Alot of this information was taken from various magazines and newspapers.

I think that says enough about it

mickstafa - what is the bottler code on the bottom of the can?
    woot woot

My favorite New Coke memory is going to the gas station next door to Macdonalds and buying a Pepsi from the vending machine to take into Mickey Ds so I would not have to drink New Coke.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12