Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

After the sad and dismal failure of MUG Pepsi has probably made one of the smartest acqusitions in it's history.

The original Rootbeer HIRES!

Danny you better get all you can no more glass bottles my freind.

Boom,Boom,Boom,Boom!

Interesting?? Did PCNA buy Hires from Cadbury or did Cadbury just allow a franchise for Pepsi. Where did you see this information. Based on Cadbury's current route to market for this brand, it would not be a bad idea if they could get Pepsi to pay what the brand is worth.

Distributors are all a buzz because they can no longer get the product in and this is what they where told.

So while I have no confirmation product availability has ceased to current distributors.

Hire's has not been sold here in about 10 years. Maybe because of this it will be sold here again.

i'm very excited about this, because it admits that a company has failed in one of their own "creations" that was made to compete with an original. sometimes, you just can't beat the originals.

as for glass bottles, where can they be made?!

i want info people, mug rootbeer is alive and well here. (unfortunately)
    woot woot

I still see Mug around here too. I haven't seen Hires in years and years though. Used to drink it every so often when it was available. It would be great if Pepsi bought it and started distributing it all over, but hopefully they don't mess with the formula.

Mug was a bad idea from the start. I tend to wonder though if DPSU would sell *anything* to pepsi based on the divestature of 7up with PBG.

If Hires has been yanked, (which would NOT surprise me), I could see DPSU dumping a LOT of the brands in its portfolio simply because they have duplicates of everything (nehi, crush, welch's/sunkist), and would need to do something to get things in order.

Nothing about this on Yahoo News, Bevnet's homepage or my daily beverage newsletter email
    I would assume that a local Pepsi distributor picked up a Hires franchise.

[ 02-27-2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

all those brands are regional things. tehy wouldn't dump it. some regions people only drink hires. some love nehi while people in michigan have never heard of it before. in some places, there's many equally strong distributors that can carry crush/sunkist/welchs and nehi.

they won't shelve those products. america is a big country, you know...
    woot woot

The BevMo is carrying Hires Here. Delicious Hires in glass bottles the way it should be. I would hope Pepsi has brains enough to leave it in glass.

Every grocery store in my area has a small section of premium soda. Usually just Henry Weinharts, Thomas Kemper, Jones and maybe some stewarts. Pepsi could capitalize on this niche. Hires beats Weinharts, Kemper and Souix City any day of the week.

The jones in my name isn't a Jones' jones.