Bevboard

Heres a URL from a Beverage world. It's really funny how Coke thinks they're so special. As you read through the article you will notice how much they try to feel special about themselves.

http://www.beverageworld.com/beverag..._id=1000751120

Awesome. Not really an innovation though. Pepsi Kona ruled. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's called marketing. A company is not going to come out and say "we suck" or something like that. Even when something bad happens, a company will try to put a positive spin on it.

Pepsi and Coke continue to drive the csd category down!

I do agree that the big two aren't doing much innovation these days, in terms of new flavors. They see innovation more on the packaging side.. fridgepacks, small PET bottles, small cans, etc.

I'm not sure what untapped CSD flavors there are out there? Everything seems to be a "me too" or a "line extension" these days.

Well, no one's ever done straight cranberry. I'd drink it, but the price to make it wouldn't be cheap w/o artificial flavorings. Raspberry I've never seen from the big 3, only from Cott through the Sam's line.

Green Apple might be interesting. Giant Eagle had it in their private label line. I've thought about pie flavored sodas, and whether or not that would fly.

Vanilla Creme, Chocolate Creme, Lemon Meringue, Coconut Creme...wonder how they'd go over?

Polar Beverages makes a line of Cape Cod Dry sodas.. they've got a cranberry.

http://www.polarbev.com/products_ccd_cran.html

Faygo (national beverage) makes a Coconut Creme pie, chocolate creme pie and Key lime pie diet sodas. Jones has a green apple soda.

[ 02-15-2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: ithastabeshasta ]
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer