Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Passover in 2005 begins at sundown on the evening of April 23, 2005. Just 65 days left till kosher for Passover soda. Well figure you will be able to get it about a week before.
    Just keep your eye out for the KP.

Anyone know where the passover coke is available in cans. The 2 litters go flat too quick.

What makes a soda Kosher?

There is no reason soda would no be kosher. To receive a kosher certification one must subscribe to one of the rabbinic services who observe the manufacturing process to ensure the product is indeed kosher.
    Kosher for Passover is a little different. Certain foods are not permitted to eat during Passover, one of these foods being corn. Since corn syrup is made from corn the soda companies wishing to sell their product to Jews during Passover replace the HFCS with good old-fashioned pure cane sugar.
    So get it while you can Passover comes but once a year.

Coke has monkeyed with the Passover Coke over the past 4 years or so. I remember it being available in 2 liters and 6 pack cans. Coke, Diet, Sprite, Seagram's (Ale and Seltzer, I think. Maybe they were only in 1 liters, I'm not 100% sure). Next, they dumped the cans/2L and went with just 1 liters. Oh, the uproar. So many people were pissed about that! So, the next year they brought back the 2 liters. But there haven't been any Passover cans since.

[ 02-17-2005, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

When Herbco owned what was the Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Chicago (roughly Chicago, Milwaukee, & Indianapolis) they produced passover product in belly banded 12 pack cans. It was in a special can that had a triangle and the letters CRC inside. It was approved by the Chicago Rabitorical Council. They made it in Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Coke, & Sprite. I wish I would see this kind of packaging again as I could stock up for a longer time because cans have a longer shelf life.

Rabitorical?

Rabbinical.

Yah, that's what it stood for.

Spotted some Kosher for Passover Canfield's 50/50 today in 6-pack cans. The cans had the triangle with the abbreviation CRC inside.