Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I saw some of Cokes Christmas packaging today. GIVE LIVE LOVE or some redicilous thing. This is an obvious pathetic attempt at avoiding using the phrase "Merry Christmas" or anything like it. I don't even think I saw 'Happy Holidays' on the box. Did I miss it? A truly pathetic attempt at political correctness. They should have MERRY CHRISTMAS all over the boxes and bottles. And for the Christian haters. So what! They could even put specific reference to the other minotity religions holidays on there as well.

Well said.
    What the heck is a Holiday Tree?
    This PC stuff is stupid.

ramonazo Guest

Originally posted by BottleBoss:
    I saw some of Cokes Christmas packaging today. GIVE LIVE LOVE or some redicilous thing. This is an obvious pathetic attempt at avoiding using the phrase "Merry Christmas" or anything like it. I don't even think I saw 'Happy Holidays' on the box. Did I miss it? A truly pathetic attempt at political correctness. They should have MERRY CHRISTMAS all over the boxes and bottles. And for the Christian haters. So what! They could even put specific reference to the other minotity religions holidays on there as well.
    IMO I like the U.S. holiday graphics, and also the "Give Live Love Coke" slogan, it's original for me...

And now that you say it, I don't remember seeing any "feliz navidad" (merry christmas or happy holidays)phrase on the bottles and cans of Coke here in Mex. for the last 13 years...

BTW, see the "Arctic Beach Party" commercial here It's cool, man!

[ 12-01-2005, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Yeah I think it is stupid. The holiday is Christmas and you put up a Christmas tree, not a holiday tree. It's really pathetic.

PC here in England is also ridiculous. A lot of town councils are not putting up their xmas lights a decorations this year just incase they offend like 1 person. Beleive it or not, in the small village where I live, the first shop to put up any decorations this year is the Chinese take away.

At least our Xmas Coke bottle this year has Santa on it.

Now that's a nice Christmas bottle.
    I wish Coke would use them here in the States.

ramonazo Guest

I like the U.S. and the U.K. Holiday PCs, and the mexican one is great too...

[ 12-01-2005, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

It's like if someone puts up a sign that says: 'Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Kwanza' or 'Happy Hunnukah (SP)' or puts it on there product or courthouse that its really going to offend me. Like I'm going to say, 'Oh, I won't buy that now', Or, 'I'm going to move out of town' because of it. I think really that these people hate the idea of a 'Christ' or a 'God' so they want to eliminate it in even the smallest ways. I know its only soda pop, but its the whole idea behind it you know.

Just me.
    I respect all religions, all people, all cultures and all colors of this unique world we live in.
    Intolerance is just simple ignorance which seems to be the norm instead of the exception.

Peace out [img]smile.gif[/img]

ramonazo Guest

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    Just me.
    I respect all religions, all people, all cultures and all colors of this unique world we live in.
    Intolerance is just simple ignorance which seems to be the norm instead of the exception.

Peace out [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Agree with you [img]smile.gif[/img]

And although Coke just places Santa in their packaging... here in my town, Embotelladora Aguascalientes, the local Coca-Cola bottler here, instead of Santa ornaments, every year they place outside of the bottling plant a big and beautiful representation of the nativity of Jesus: Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus in a big stable, it's like a tradition.

[ 12-01-2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]