Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. planning any new flavors this year?

So far I have heard about:

Pepsi with lime
    Diet Pepsi with lime
    Mountain Dew Electrocution
    Coke with Coffee flavor
    Sprite Remix Aruba (Orange flavored)

Does anyone know what other flavors are expected this year?

I think that's about it. There's not going to be much new, and Mtn Dew Electrocution is ONLY going to be in the East Coast in select places. I think this year is going to suck as far as new drinks.

Diet Coke with Splenda

reformulated Pepsi One

Maybe some sort of Propel-like water from Powerade/Coke.. and/or a energy/sports combo drink.

Maybe a new citrus from Coke.. Vault is the name that is being tossed around a lot.

A low calorie or calorie free Coke Classic-based drink.

Tropicana Twister 1% juice-added sodas, to replace the Slice line.

Fresca line extension(s).

Something new from the Pepsi/Lipton partnership. I've already noticed the new labels on the 16oz glass bottles.

As far as packaging, expect to see a lot more small PET bottle offerings.. 12 ounce, especially. Coke, Pepsi and CSAB are all getting into them.

[ 02-21-2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

reformulated Pepsi One

What? Where did you hear that?

Maybe a new citrus from Coke.. Vault is the name that is being tossed around a lot.
    I hear its Surge with a new lable.

[ 02-21-2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: ecliptic ]

seems there are quite a bit of new drinks comming out this year. I am looking forward to tasting the Splenda version Diet Coke and trying Pepsi with Lime.

However why is the new Mountain Dew drink only going to be in a few select states? Vault does not seem like something that I would try though.

Coke is still trying to make another new low calorie Coke even though Coke C2 is not doing too well?

This Coke with Coffee flavor is still being
    mentioned? I don't think there will be a big market for it. People will make a big deal about it because it is different but that is about it, then after awhile it won't sell well anymore. Any idea what this stuff will be called? Will it even have the Coke name on it?

The Coke Coffee Flavor will be called Coca-Cola Blak (yes it's spelled like that). I think you are right though, not a huge market for coffee cola as was demonstrated with Pepsi Kona. I think there will be experimenters who try it at first, but it won't sell a whole ton.

Originally posted by Red Fusion RoX:
    The Coke Coffee Flavor will be called Coca-Cola Blak (yes it's spelled like that). I think you are right though, not a huge market for coffee cola as was demonstrated with Pepsi Kona. I think there will be experimenters who try it at first, but it won't sell a whole ton.
    About 10 years ago, I remember reading, right here on Bevnet, about various bottled mixtures of coffee and cola (Java Cola, Mocha Cola, etc.)

I tried mixing coffee and coke in a glass; it was difficult to keep the coffee taste from overpowering the coke taste....

Originally posted by fusion:
    [QB] Diet Coke with Splenda

Diet Coke with Splenda *is* the new low-calorie Coke drink.

Tropicana Twister 1% juice-added sodas, to replace the Slice line.

Fresca line extension(s).
    Are these for real? They sound interesting. Why only 1% juice though?

i have a hard time believing that they'll put electrocution out on the east coast only... why would they develop an entire new flavor extension for a MAJOR brand only to release it to 1/3 of the country?? they wont.

the idea of fresca extensions has me excited, these could be deliciouso!!

disappointed they wont be doing a coca-cola low-cal version with splenda.. instead of just redoing diet coke with splenda..

woulda loved to have two diet cokes, diet coke regular and coke zero.

I'm also excited about a Fresca flavor, it just depends which they choose. Another grapefruit soda, Squirt, has a berry version which I don't like at all. While I was in Canada this past summer they had an orange version of C-Plus Wink which was so good that I still end up mixing Sunkist into Fresca now and then. I also hope they think about doing a pink grapefruit version. I think Fresca is a brand in which they need to keep it simple and not go too crazy with new flavors.