Bevboard

Thread: Mormon Soda

I just got back from a conference in Salt Lake City, and I was itching to see if I could find any unique sodas around the area. After touring the Mormon tabernacle place, there was a shop downtown nearby. I went in there and found 4 types of "Mormon Soda." It is bottled by Mormon Handicraft and includes a Cherry Soda, Cream Soda, Root Beer, and Sarsparilla. I've only had the Sarsparilla so far and it was pretty nasty.... I hope the others are better! Anyone ever heard of these drinks?
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I lived in Ogden, Utah for a few years but never saw that stuff. It sounds Bad! Tell you what though, they do have this HOWIES sodas out there that is very, very good. Iron Port, Root Beer, and a Lemon Soda. All very good. The local beer companies out there have some pretty funny slogans to.

Yes, we have Howie's Lemon-Up and it's pretty good. Another brand that originates in Utah is Apple Beer and Barrel Bros. Root Beer; they are very good too.

With all the recent media hype, perhaps you could claim that "Smart Water" is a Mormon drink? But seriously, with stuff like "Mecca Cola" and all of the problems related to anything that's connected to religion and politics when there's nothing religious or political about soda (except perhaps the "Kosher For Passover" Dr. Brown's), I think it's best to avoid going there at all!!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

i remember one of the micro breweries had polygamy porter, take home twelve for all of your wives!

also, i have a shirt that says "beer, not bribes," salt lake city 2002 and the 2002 is crossed out. the joke is that the olypmic committee, basically abunch of mormons, licensed budweiser to be the official beer (even though the mormon's don't drink), took bribes and trademarked the numbers "2002". it's called the "unnoficial amber ale" and my dad said it was really good.

this was done by a microbrewery in park city, utah.

if i were to go out there it'd only be to ski alta or snowbird.
    woot woot

Yes that is the same microbrewery who has "Alimony Ale... the bitterest brew in town"!

In Park City they have the Wasatch Brewing Company; the beer truck driver used to sell me cases of that for cash in St George for $15 and I'd bring it back to L.A. But I haven't been up in Utah for a few years now that they don't have any more soda in bottles...
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!