Bevboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

BTW I drink the Orange regularly. It doesn't taste particularly old.

West Penn RC/Nehi is the company I was referring to in Pittsburgh. They're gone, RC was sold off to ABC who handled 7Up in Pittsburgh. West Penn did Sun Drop which is now done by ABC.

The closest thing I have had recently to Nehi Blue Cream is Moxie Blue Cream soda. I would really like to get Nehi Blue Cream in glass. The Real-Soda distributors have a variety of blue creams like Frostie, Moxie, and Jack Black's. As for Nehi the only ones in glass I have seen are orange, grape, and peach; all excellent and available along with the abovelisted blue creams. There is a place called the soda king which has a way of shipping bottles of all of this stuff; other than that in the Western States you can often find it (not the Nehi blue though) at special supermarkets; the types that have huge soda sections with all sorts of genuine old tyme drinks in glass bottles. If you ever see a section like that, look through it well or ask the manager for exactly what you are looking for; it may be available and you never realized it!!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

I checked with a couple of Nehi bottlers in western NC and in GA but no blue being made there. So far looks like Texas is the only current market. The search continues...

[ 12-07-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Cheer-wined ]
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

I went through Temple, TX earlier this year, and I couldn't find Nehi anywhere. I thought it would be easy to find, being that it's where they bottle Nehi products, but I didn't find squat.

Less than two years ago, I bought a Blue Nehi in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. In a generic 'splash' bottle from Coke. Unless something's happened there recently, they should still have it.

It's been awhile, but I called a Texaco gas station in Temple, TX, and they said they had Wild Red Nehi AND Blue Nehi, but that has been a couple of years. I thought someone reported it in LaFayette, LA awhile ago too. I also remember one person on the board saying that Greneville, SC had it downtown. I went up there recently and looked all over the Greneville-Spartanburg area and came up dry. The last time I came across Blue Nehi was about 2 and a half years ago in a BP gas station in Euphala, AL. I don't have a clue about the whereabouts of Blue Nehi now though. I assume Texas still carries it somewhere.
    <a href=\"http://www.cheerwine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.cheerwine.com</a>

I found Nehi Blue Cream in Oklahoma City today. I used to see it a lot some time back, but this is the first time I'd seen it here in a while.

any info on the bottler/canner?
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

or the store?!
    woot woot

The company was Full Service Bottling Company of Oklahoma City. They are the 7up/RC Bottlers here.

It was in some dumpy Conoco convenience store in South Oklahoma City. I used to see it everywhere in 7-11's all over Oklahoma City. They do a good job with the "third tier" bottlers here. They get an inordinate amount of shelf space here because for some reason the Coke Bottler and 7-11 do not get along well in Oklahoma City. Therefore, the Coca Cola lineup in these stores is very basic. (Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, Sprite & Remix. That's about it. Also, new products from Coke are very slow making into 7-11's. Remix, V Coke, and Red Fusion didn't hit their shelves for almost two months after they were released to every other store.