Bevboard

I have never had cheerwine,but from reading
    the message boards people say its like Dr.Pepper
    with a blast of cherry taste.
    Dr.Pepper has a cola color,Cheerwine looks
    like it has a burgandy color to it.
    How does Cheerwine compare to regular Dr.Pepper?
    Caffine-Yes Cheerwine does have Caffine.
    I have ordered a case of Cheerwine and I sould have it buy the end of next week.

Thanks

Doug

Whoever says that is smoking something... They taste nothing like each other.

Doug, if you are an infrequent drinker of Dr Pepper, you are going to think the people that gave you this information are a little off. If you are a big-time Dr Pepper drinker you will immediately recognize those that told you this need to seek professional help Nothing against Cheerwine. I am sure the folks that drink it would think the same if their drink of choice was compared to Dr Pepper.

I might dare say Cheerwine MAY have tasted more like Dr Pepper's Red Fusion but it tastes NOTHING like Dr Pepper.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

never had cheerwine so wouldnt know.. and mr.pibb is better than dr.pepper anyway.

I recently had some real-sugar glass bottled Cheerwine, and it is pretty good. I can see how someone who grew up with it could like it as much as some like Dr Pepper. It has a similar mouthfeel, which no doubt is due to the phosphoric acid in both. But for Cheerwine, the primary flavor is CHERRY. For Dr Pepper it's, well, DR PEPPER.

-Doug

Cheerwine doesn't really taste like the Dr, but it's the closest thing to compare it to. Their spicy taste is somewhat similar, although Cheerwine's is VERY subtle.

Fine, if Dr P is a poor comparison, then what is better? And don't mention some microbrew cherry soda that you can't find anywhere. I believe Dr P is the best mainstream comparison.