Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Just a light hearted discussion about the future of this product.
    I was at my local supermarket last night having a look down the soda aisle, and noticed that the packaging for Coke with Lime has not been updated to the new fridge pack design. Heck, C2 has been, but not Coke with lime.
    The shelves are getting crowed, and it seems to me there's not a loyal following like there was with Vanilla Coke.
    The product itself was not that great. The lime was just a hint, and more artificial tasting.
    I don't see as many 20oz any more as well.
    Thoughts?

[ 03-28-2006, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

Yeah, I'm not that crazy about Coke with Lime either. I think Pepsi did a better job with their lime colas.

Originally posted by jmyjunk:
    The product itself was not that great. The lime was just a hint, and more artificial tasting.
    I agree, the lime taste of Coke with Lime is too artificial, nothing compared with the natural lime taste of the disappeared mexican Coca-Cola Citra and Coca-Cola Citra Light, that is also disappearing very slowly...

Pepsi did better with all of the flavored colas in my opinion.

The only reason I've noticed that the Coke w/ Lime packaging hasn't changed is because it's EVERYWHERE.

It would be hard for me to believe that it's not popular, because I see just as much of it lying around(in all sizes) as Coke Classic.

DJHS

instead of wasting everyone's time and money with flavored versions of coke that never really taste how we want. coke/pepsi should just sell pints of flavored syrups--vanilla, cherry, chocolate, etc.

that way, people could flavor their soft drink to taste... and WHEN they choose.

the profit margins for syrups would be just as high as the soft drink itself, if not higher. and it would save coke a lot of money on researching, developing, promoting, and ,ultimately, cancelling it's sub-standard flavored colas.

the syrups could come in a pint-size glass bottle... with a pump on the top. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    banned

i just submitted my idea to coca-cola.com.
    banned

Originally posted by popologist:
    instead of wasting everyone's time and money with flavored versions of coke that never really taste how we want. coke/pepsi should just sell pints of flavored syrups--vanilla, cherry, chocolate, etc.

that way, people could flavor their soft drink to taste... and WHEN they choose.

the profit margins for syrups would be just as high as the soft drink itself, if not higher. and it would save coke a lot of money on researching, developing, promoting, and ,ultimately, cancelling it's sub-standard flavored colas.

the syrups could come in a pint-size glass bottle... with a pump on the top. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    That's not a bad idea.
    Though the flavor syrups are out there already. I use a raspberry syrup to flavor my diet coke.

Coke should jump on that band wagon. But the only down side to that is America consumer culture. "You have to buy two product just to get Cherry Coke, I'm too lazy, just make it for me"

[ 03-28-2006, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

also about that pump idea, you would have to purchase another product, therefore needing for money. and what about 20 oz bottles? when grabbing one for a quick drink, i wouldnt want to have to add in some suryp when im in a hurry. just my 3.14 cents

Originally posted by popologist:
    coke/pepsi should just sell pints of flavored syrups--vanilla, cherry, chocolate, etc.
    Coke actually did it... Flavor Rage... but in packets... although like jmyjunk says, it would be a good idea to release new flavors like raspberry [img]tongue.gif[/img] YUMMY!

[ 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

ok, so instead of flavor pumps, maybe coke could just implant a microchip into our heads, and... when we want raspberry coke... we just "will it"... and our brain will trick us into thinking we're drinking raspberry cola.
    banned