Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I wanted to see if anyone had a strange experience with a drink that was supposed to be not carbonated but ended being carbonated. I for instance once purchased a Sobe Energy(the glass bottles) and upon drinking it i noticed that the beverage was carbonated. what caused this? at that point, Sobe had zero carbonated drinks so i dont believe it was a bottling mix-up? was it some chemical effect? just want to know if anyone experienced this with any drink on the market.
    never trust a woman named after a u.s state.

Possibly the bottling plant was doing something that required co2 that wasn't affiliated with SOBE, and that's where the mix-up occured?

This is odd cause to fill a carbonated beverage; it requires different equipment than non-carbonated beverages. Also it is usually two different locations and the process is totally different. Perhaps they had a mis-ingredient mix-up but I sincerely doubt that this could occur (a non-carbonated beverage end up as carbonated beverage.)

[ 03-21-2005, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Christian Prickett ]

.oO(ponders) That's a toughy really. I've never heard of such a thing!

i am not lying about this. i have no reason to. it was so strange. it only happened once. i always shake my sobe before drinking it and i noticed something was strange when i opened it and it started to fizz out. it was the right flavor just carbonated.

Hmmm bad seal on caps??

Fermenting sugars??

That would be my guess too packers. Did you end up drinking it? Did it make you sick, or taste funny?

Sometimes carbonation is formed by non-harmful bacteria. For example I have seen non-carb iced tea become carbonated after filling caused by bacteria from a filler head. That would be my only explanation, but then again I may be way off for Sobe but in the case of the Iced Tea that was definitely what happened.

Hope this helps!!

hell yeah i drank it. it ended up tasting like the flavor just with bubbles in it. it had the consistency of a new york seltzer water.

Speaking of.. I really liked those NY seltzers! Wonder if those will ever come back around?