Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surge Comeback?

There has been much commotion at savesurge.org after Coca-Cola refused to produce Surge in response to a campaign in which Walmart said they would support the drink and purchase the required quantities. Since then it was discovered that Surge got its patent re-applied for. Wanting to know more information a savesurge member contacted the lady who applied for the patent. Unofficially, the news from her is that Surge will be coming back sometime this year. This is promising news, although it is not official yet. What do you think about Coca-Cola coming out with Surge? And what about Coca-Cola's planned summer rollout of Vault? After all, we know that Mello Yello is gone for good. Regional or limited availibility for one of them?

http://www.karks.com/surge/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2805
    Feed the rush!

I've already posted this on Savesurge.org's board, but I think it might be better to have the same soda under a different name. Either way, I'm thrilled that it's (possibly) coming back, even if it's in limited sizes (TaB). I'll most definitely stock up this time around.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Surge coming back potentially? Awesome. If Wal-Mart is leading the charge for this (highly doubted), give them some credit then.

wow, if walmart does this, i gotta give them some credit!

if walmart wants something done, it gets done.. so if surge does comeback because of walmart, its 99.99% because of walmart.

if its just a temporary thing, ill stock up.. it was tasty stuff.

I think people need to get over Surge.

I agree with TeamTitan. I highly doubt that Wal-Mart is a Surge supporter.

Well Walmart listens to its customers. If there is a push from the customer end, there will be a push from Walmart to get it back.

I think it's more likely that Wal-Mart was looking for an exclusive deal.

I'd like to know the whole story.. Who did they talk to, and what did this person say to them?

Somehow I doubt anyone talked to anyone at Wal-Mart who had any authority. The kid who's filling the Sam's Choice section can't tell Bentonville what do do.

ramonazo Guest

Beat, the mexican version of Surge and Mello Yello is gone too...