Bevboard

While there's Coca-Cola Zero in U.S., Canada, Australia, and soon in UK... Pepsi also released its Zero calories version, but is called Pepsi NEX...

Weird bottle... BTW now that half liter bottle it's the same for the japanese regular and diet versions of Pepsi...

More info in:
    www.pepsi.co.jp
    Press release

what do you think of this new release?

i like bottle - pepsi & coke need more innovated packaging
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

that bottle looks really sweet!

I wish a company would use stevia in the US. I think a splenda/stevia mix would work well.

i have a question...

if diet coke isn't really the coke (classic) formula... and pepsi one/nex isn't based on the real pepsi formula... why can they still use that name? it's kind of misleading.
    banned

Isn't that why it's 'Diet Coke,' and not 'Diet Coca-Cola?'

Also, I think that the slight liquorice taste of Stevia might not work well with colas. Moreover, Stevia is $12.95/8oz, while Splenda is $6.29/2lb. Granted, these are retail prices, but I think that they somewhat reflect the bulk prices that companies would pay.

[ 04-09-2006, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Techne ]
    \'Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr Pepper, but dude didn\'t even get his degree.\' <br /><br />-Mitch Hedberg \'68 - \'05

Coke and Pepsi both own their respective names. They can call any thing coke or Pepsi.

Originally posted by Lepke:
    Coke and Pepsi both own their respective names. They can call any thing coke or Pepsi.
    true. but... coca-cola is patented as a specific formula. if the formula changes, it is no longer under the same patent (right?).

i mean, isn't that why coke had to add "classic" when they brought back the original formula, because the "new" formula was re-patented under the "coca-cola" patent?

i'm not certain, but i think there are some legalities behind it.

i think that's also why "diet coke" has to be called "coke light" in some countries, because it's not the exact same formula as patented "diet coke."
    banned

it says "diet coca-cola" somewhere on the can though (a small logo). and, i'm not sure, but i think "coke" and "coca-cola" are inter-changeable under the patent. though i'm not sure.

Originally posted by Techne:
    Isn't that why it's 'Diet Coke,' and not 'Diet Coca-Cola?'

Also, I think that the slight liquorice taste of Stevia might not work well with colas. Moreover, Stevia is $12.95/8oz, while Splenda is $6.29/2lb. Granted, these are retail prices, but I think that they somewhat reflect the bulk prices that companies would pay.
    banned