Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone remember Cott? Another soda that used to be everywhere and now is still in business but mostly gone.

Cott is still around they are the largest producer of private label soda in the USA possibly the world. They occasionally put the Cott name on products, I believe they do that to keep the Cott trademark alive.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

cott ranked #4 in the US last year.

it's ranked in the link in my "the 05 #'s are in and the winner is" thread.

http://www.beverage-digest.com/pdf/top-10_2006.pdf

what products do they sell?
    banned

they do sell cott products in 4 pk glass bottles here in wal-marts, i also believe the own Vess in st. louis too, but i may be mistaken on the later
    Join the fight to bring the Fully Loaded Citrus Soda back to store shelves!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...20225161394713

Cott is the bottler of all of Wal-Mart's private label sodas (Sam's Cola, Southern Lightning, Dr. Thunder, Grapette & Orangette etc). These are proably the biggest and best known private labels sodas, so that accounts for thier top 5 showing.

BTW I Haven't seen Vess sodas in years, last one I saw was in Wichita KS in a supermarket display about 15 years ago.

[ 04-09-2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Vess is still sold in parts of Missouri and also at Pamida stores in the midwest.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Cott is having a lot of activity here in Mexico... they make the store sodas for Wal-Mart, Comercial Mexicana and Soriana, they take charge of the manufacturing of some Cadbury-Schweppes sodas like Dr. Pepper and Squirt, they make and distribute Jarritos in some cities of the country like Puebla... in fact... Cott has their production plant in Puebla...

[ 04-09-2006, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

I also saw Vess in Paragould, Arkansas.

Walmart was selling 4 packs of longneck Cott sodas that were similar to Stewarts, even down to the flavor availibility.

They tasted terrible! I found them at different stores, regularly $2, and $1 on clearance at others.

I also remember 1 liter Cott mixers in northern NJ, in Shop-Rite.

Cott owns two plants near where I live, one in Concordville PA and another near Reading PA. They produce private label for different chains in this area, including Acme.

Cott also bottles and cans RC Cola here in it's hometown, Columbus, Georgia.

Some highlights... in the Soriana sodas that Cott makes... features Scooby-Doo in the labels...

and this is the Jarritos logo that Cott and PBG use in their respective territories... very different from the U.S. logo...

[ 04-17-2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]