Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

according to this article, coke zero has a 0.8% market share.

http://brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_...01657126&imw=Y

is that good?

i mean, on its face, it doesn't seem that great; but, when you consider that cherry coke is in restaurants, and soda fountains and vending machines, then... i'd say coke zero is doing pretty well, considering it's mostly found in supermarkets.

anyway, i'm mostly encouraged that coke is behind the product, which means i won't have to go back to diet coke.
    banned

I beleive Coke Zero is getting close to it's first year anniversary from it's national roll out?

I would think Coca Cola would be very encouraged with a 0.8% market share for it's new brand Coke Zero. Coke Zero is proving that in spite of it's marketing campaign, it's quality has attracted and maintained a growing loyal following.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

it will be one year in july (though i really didn't find it until closer to august).

and, i agree, the "taste" is what has made this product a success... not those silly ads. it's like one of those small movies that catches fire by good word-of-mouth.

still, without real estate in restaurants and soda fountains, it will be difficult for CZ to crack the top 10.

even if mcdonald's put aside one nozzle for zero, that could possibly double its market share (though i'm just guessing).

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    I beleive Coke Zero is getting close to it's first year anniversary from it's national roll out?

I would think Coca Cola would be very encouraged with a 0.8% market share for it's new brand Coke Zero. Coke Zero is proving that in spite of it's marketing campaign, it's quality has attracted and maintained a growing loyal following.
    banned

around here coke zero doesn't seem to sell at all...for sure it doesnt sell as much as cherry coke
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

Here in the north Chicago suburbs, Coke Zero is selling rather well. I see increased facings and multiple fridge packs flying off the shelf.

[ 04-12-2006, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

where do you live?

i'm guessing that coke zero sells better in metropolitan areas, where diet coke outsells coke classic (like NYC)... just because you have more single people and gays... who tend to drink more diet soda.

i just passed the soda machine at work, and there are four slots for diet coke and three for coke classic. surely they could replace one of those with coke zero... just for me.

Originally posted by pepsidew:
    around here coke zero doesn't seem to sell at all...for sure it doesnt sell as much as cherry coke
    banned

I live in a general area known as the North Shore of Chicago. It a large suburban area north of the city. I live at the south west edge of the North Shore area, Mount Prospect,IL.

This broad area is a big time diet Coke/diet Pepsi market. Where I live is a fairly mixed variety of cultures. Bottle water and sports drinks do very well here. LOL People around here do love their diet drinks.

[ 04-12-2006, 09:43 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

same here, zabe.

coke zero fridge packs sell out at the big grocery by my apt every week. i don't know why they don't stock more of it. if i don't get there by mid-week... it's gone.

at another local grocery, they actually had more zero than diet coke. i was surprised to see that.
    banned

Zero sells very well here in E. Texas. My local Wal-Mart and Brookshiers always have trouble keeping it in stock.

Despite that stupid "everybody chill" roll-out campaign Zero has found its niche and sales will keep growing as more people try it and Coke keeps it on the shelf. I think its a great product and I hope in a few years Zero takes a big bite out of Diet Coke sales.

Zero has really blow me away. Before launch I was wondering why- after C2, DC w/ Splenda, and the various DC flavors I thought there was just too much diet in Coke's lineup. But Zero (and to a lesser extent splenda DC) have really done well.

From what I hear 20oz isnt stellar but its hot as hell in fridgepacks. Makes alot of sence to me.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>