Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hey y'all,
    I got my first bottle of Pepsi Vanilla this afternoon and just wanted to give y'all my opinion of it. It's not too bad, but I think I'll stick with V-Coke. The Pepsi Vanilla seemed to have more of a syrupy consistency to it (at least that's what I thought) and isn't as smooth-tasting as V-Coke. Any other opinions on Pepsi Vanilla? The Doomite Is Out!
    The Doomite\'s top 3 Beverages: 1. Jones Cream Soda/Sam\'s Choice Red Tornado, 2. Big Red Soda, and 3. Henry Weinhard\'s Root Beer!

It hasn't arrived here in Colorado yet, but I'll give it a try the moment it becomes avalible. So far I'm not very optimistic about it since I feel most Pepsi cop-offs are inferior to coke's original brands. I tried Wild Cherry Pepsi a few days ago and thought it was horrible, especially opposed to Cherry coke which in my opinion is one of the Cocacola company's best products to date. Wild Cherry Pepsi was way too-syrupy and I actually felt thirstier after I finished the bottle.
    Be American, buy American.

I thought that Vanilla Pepsi was smoother than Vanilla Coke. I agree that it is more syrupy than Coke. The taste is pretty good and the aftertaste isn't too bad. Overall, it's an average drink.(But it's much better than Pepsi Blue.)

I just checked the super-market and it I found cases of Pepsi Vanilla and diet Pepsi Vanilla. I hardly ever drink regular soda since I don't believe the superior taste compensates for the calories. All I can say is WOW! I don't know how regular Pepsi Vanilla compares to Vanilla coke but I can tell you that diet pepsi vanilla tears diet vanilla coke a new one. After the first sip I was looking at the label to check and see if I had actually bought a diet beverage since the aftertaste usually associated with diet sodas was virtually nonexistant.
    Be American, buy American.

Well I tried it. The diet isn't too bad more or less on par with Diet VC. But the regular is jus syrupy not in a good way. Its pretty gross. Its always amazing when a company has a few years to copy something and still does a bad job....oh welll typical Pepsi sub-par junk.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

i got my first bottle of it today...i gotta say..i LOVE this stuff..it doesnt have that harsh sorta sour flavor that vanilla coke has....all in all i think pepsi's hit the nail on the head with the formula..its VERY vanilla flavored...

i think it rocks.

=]

I like it better than Vanilla Coke. I didn't think it was syrupy at all. Maybe it's just the way they formulate it here. And it's very smooth. With Vanilla Coke, you taste the vanilla and then get hit with a cola flavor, whereas the Vanilla Pepsi has more of a smooth blend of the two without much of a cola aftertaste. The flavors just work together better. I still won't drink vanilla colas on a regular basis, but Vanilla Pepsi is at the top of my list.

It doesn't have the nice creamy flavor of VC nor does it have that sweet aftertaste. Its the kind of product I would expect from #2 a cookie cutter copy.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I picked up a bottle of Vanilla Pepsi from the 7-11 in Bolivar West Virginia last night. I thought it was pretty good.

I tried it yesterday and thought it was very good. It tastes as expected, Pepsi with vanilla flavoring. Given the choice between Pepsi Vanilla and Vanilla Coke, I'd take Pepsi because I prefer Pepsi over Coke. However, they are both very good and I will continue to drink both when I'm in the mood for one or the other. Doesn't matter to me who came out with the vanilla version first, and there is no need to drink one exclusively. There's plenty to go around for everyone.

I'd put Pepsi Vanilla up there as one of my favorites now.