Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't understand why people are so desperate to try Vault? They drive out to different states or they buy some off ebay just to try it. The reason I say this is because isn't it almost for sure going to be mass produced and available everywhere eventually in the next year?
    Just a thought I had to get out there.

Why do people flood to the theatres at midnight on the first day of a movie?

Much like film buffs, we're beverage freaks, and we live for seeing that one new beverage on the shelves that we haven't tried yet.

I'm definitely looking for Vault, since my state is supposedly one of the trial states, but I definitely won't pay high prices for it off eBay.

I don't think there's word that it's DEFINITELY gonna be mass-produced, so I think that's why people are trying to get it while they can.

Although Surge had lukewarm sales during its run, a massive community of Surge fans emerged out of nowhere once it was discontinued. And from what I hear on savesurge.org, Vault is effectively Surge reincarnated. And while I wasn't a huge Surge fan, that very much excites me.

So just like anything, people can be irrationally passionate about something, which can result in desperate measures, like roadtrips or shelled-out cash for the stuff.

Us soda pop addicts are like hopeless romantics.
    Hopeless romantics live to love. Us soda pop addicts live to drink more and more satisfying soda pops. The quest is half the fun.

I do think that driving to different states is a bit extreme, but hey, more power to them.

I'm actually seriously considering ordering some Vault - it sounds great, and I'm always one who likes to try new sodas ASAP.

I see your point with liking to try new sodas because I do as well. I guess I just wouldn't drive 400 miles to get the new pop but for some people like Zabe said the Journey is half the fun of it.

I know it sounds nuts, but we over at SaveSURGE.org have been waiting for the moment when we would get to taste our favorite soda again. Some of us having been waiting a few years! So when Vault came out, we had to find out if it was the real deal. And I'm thrilled that the taste is right on with SURGE [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, most people just make an entire road trip out of it to find the soda. I have a friend who goes to dead malls and former Howard Johnsons restaurants on his way to get the soda.

I'm insanely jealous of him....
    Anita

I purchased a 12 pack of Vault off of ebay recently and paid a whopping $11 including shipping. I don't think paying under $1 a can is overpaying, but I must admit I was quite disappointed in the taste of it, sort of watered down surge I was told by a coca cola representative that it was suppose to taste closer to Mountain Dew. But I was not a huge Surge fan to begin with. It is not uncommon for me to plan our families vacation around soda bottling companies (mostly ones that still produce returnable bottles) and we have driven all over this country stopping in a lot of grocery stores to pick up soda, nothing is better than seeing the checkout persons face when you pull up to the cash register with a cart full of soda.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Yes, it's like a new movie or a new book for some of us. I paid $3.90 for a six pack of Fanta Pineapple when it came out for the first time.

And I felt it was worth every penny!

Yes, there have been some other sodas that were NOT worth it, though.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

Yep, I'm with you Shasta! Recently, on one of my trips, I stopped at the checkout with nothing but soda. $68.56 worth. The checkout person was perplexed. The people behind me were asking if it was on sale.. people just don't understand. I always buy ANYTHING that I can't get at home.. no matter how much there is. It's fun... not to mention I can point out a can in my collection, tell ya where I got it.. on what vacation. It's kinda like a sovenior of the trip...