Bevboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Coke continues to push new products into the marketplace, often without any type of marketing or promotional backing.

A few new things on the horizon:

Swerve -- milk based drinks. First in schools, maybe later in other markets.

Limeade -- already sold in 64oz chilled containers, soon to be produced in 20oz (and maybe other packages).

24oz Powerade -- previously produced in 4 packs, they've decided to dust this one off and sell it in 6 packs, after the recent success of both 24oz CSDs and the various multipacks of Powerade (12oz, 20oz). This will be a very limited time thing, like the recent Matrix and Nitro packages.

Fruitopia's all but gone, but the new Minute Maide flavors (rehashes of old Fruitopia flavors) have received even less attention than Fruitopia did.

Dasani will be converting to Fridge Packs in many markets. CCE Mid-Atlantic should see them very soon. Consolidated led the way on this one.

That's about all I know at the moment.

Will CCE start producing pet fridgepacks? I have heard more than one person at CCBCC say that this new package might replace half liters sometime down the road. I believe if this happens CCBCC will also start producing 24oz csd 6 packs.

I'm not really sure, to be honest. I think it's a wait and see type of thing.. If CCBCC does well with them, I could see some CCE divisions making the switch. .5L would definately become expendable, because you sure don't need 3 PET bottle multipack offerings.

I think the 12 pack PET combines the best of two worlds, the Fridge Pack, and the PET bottle. I know I'd buy them if they were available around here.

I think CCBCC once again has found another big marketing trick to sell more product in the PET FP. I think if they're priced similar to regular FP's that people will choose PET over aluminum in a lot of cases, I would for the most part. I've never seen how this product sells, there's no sign of them yet in CCBCC's WV division. The FP of cans might be dead if this goes well, and I think it just might. 1/2 liters will be a thing of the past, that's for sure. Fusion, are all bottlers going to be shifting to 24 oz.? That size makes much more sense than the 1/2 liters to me, and Central here has plenty of 1/2 liters.

I think the jury's still out in regards to 24oz. I've only seen them produced by CCE Mid-Atlantic (Richmond VA) and CCE Tennessee-Alabama (Cleveland TN), but I have seen distribution as far north as Pittsburgh (but only in Sam's Club).

Food Lion has them at $2.50 for the whole summer, maybe the whole year. With .5L at the same prices, it makes sense to buy 24oz.

I continue to wish they'd go totally national with MY Afterglow.
    I like new, weird colas

I think pushing out Mello Yello nationally (bringing it to Philly and NYC, and some other cities it's not sold, I don't think there's any in Detroit or CA either), and bringing the flavors (Cherry, Melon, Afterglo) along w/Diet nationally. I think it's the logical way to expand the brand, and would give a great alternative to Mountain Dew for customers.

Also, Melon, being completely original compared to anything MD has I think would make it a splash success, because people would try it out of curiousity because they've never seen anything like it before, and then buy it again because they like it (I've seen here most everyone likes it, I've never seen it however to try it, it does sound interesting).

detroit has standard MY.

also has 24oz 6packs PET, for those who thirst big, you know. what a joke. i'm with SS on this, bring back some glass NOW.
    woot woot

Looks like Mello Yello (in cans) is dead in Central PA, at least in Carlisle. Everbody's converted to Fridge Packs and the only store that had MY, the Carlisle Wal Mart - had none in sight with no empty space on the shelves. Wal Mart continues to carry Fanta orange and grape in the new packaging.

I haven't checked Sheetz to see if 20oz. is still around.

[ 08-18-2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

So they have the 24oz. 6 packs in Detroit too? Regular Mello Yello is available in alot more places then the other Mello Yello flavors.