Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Was near one today, so I stopped in for some reason, and found some interesting soda offerings.

Cotton Club Cola and Diet Ginger Ale, 2 liter, .69. Didn't know it came in either of these varieties.

Dad's Root Beer, Dad's Orange Creme, and Dad's red Creme. Never knew of the 2 latter ones. 20 oz. for .39.

Faygo Rock N Rye, Vanilla Creme, and Redpop. 16 oz. glass bottles, for .59

Sun Drop, for some reason offered in cans for .49 each. No bargain there.

Other stuff was a great deal, and obscure stuff you don't find here (Of course, you don't find Sun Drop here either....RC Winchester doesn't want to risk losing Mountain Dew on bottling the resident citrus).

I didn't know they had Faygo longnecks back in stock. I'll have to check the next time I go.

I saw Planet Java at Big Lots a few weeks ago. 49ยข each.

The Cotton Club Cola was just ordinary. And the Dad's Red Cream Soda was horrific. After the first sip, I spit it out and rinsed my mouth out. Maybe I had a bad bottle, but it tasted like garbage.

Now i'm going to have to visit another Big Lots to try out Rock N' Rye. I've never found that one before, but i've heard a lot of good things about it.

I brought a 20oz back with me from my last road trip. Tasted very medicine-y to me.

I've seen serveral flavors of FUSE.

rock and rye kicks ass.
    woot woot

Rock N' Rye is, according to some people on the net, supposed to be sorta-maybe-kinda along the lines of a Dr Pepper-type drink. But not quite. I'd like to try it out for myself.

rock and rye = a vanilla, creme, cola. great with vanilla ice cream.
    woot woot

I checked out a Big Lots this afternoon, and didn't find Rock N' Rye. They had loads of Orange and Cream Soda, though. And some Root Beer 6-pack cans. I didn't buy anything there.

Just about every Big Lots has slightly different selection. There's 3 of them I go to every month or so and there's some items that are at every store, and some that you'll only find in one store. I almost never see any interesting sodas at any of the stores around here.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!