Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Now that Red Fusion appears to have one foot in the grave,what flavors should DPSU come out with to follow the "big boys".

pepper vanilla
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Many would agree with you. Just ask Sonic how many people order a Vanilla Dr Pepper. Only problem will it play outside of Dr Pepper's heartland?

They should spend the money promoting the brand and buying back franchises, especially from Pepsi bottlers. Oh, and they should push the CF versions more.

I'd love to see CF Pepper in 16.9oz.

How about Lemon Dr. Pepper?

I had an Uncle when I was a kid that made hot Dr. Pepper with a twist of lemon and from what I remember it tasted pretty good.

I agree, Dr Pepper should invest in its their third tier system by not renewing any contracts with Coke or Pepsi bottlers. This should be the case with all their products, not just Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper & Seven Up by the same bottler and all their named trademarked flavors could become a real contender.

Originally posted by bigrich:
    I agree, Dr Pepper should invest in its their third tier system by not renewing any contracts with Coke or Pepsi bottlers. This should be the case with all their products, not just Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper & Seven Up by the same bottler and all their named trademarked flavors could become a real contender.
    I'll disagree on this one. There are several VERY good Coke/Pepsi bottlers who do a heck of a job with DP.

Ed Rice at Ozarks Coke is one. He pushes the product, and makes it work in his market. He also puts out a quality product. The stuff he sells tastes good and does the product justice.

The folks at Admiral/Fremont in Wyoming are another third tier bottler (who happens to have Pepsi) who do it justice as well.

To say every Coke/Pepsi bottler needs to lose DP is like saying that Pepsi bottlers need to give up Mt Dew. (We do know of two don't have Dew, though)

Another issue is what do you do with the third tier bottlers who couldn't handle 7up let alone DP (A brand that outsells 7up per capita). A move totally to third tier for DP would kill it.

If DP moves to third tier, fountain sales will go down the toilet (Remember YUM pulled DP from its restaurants?) which is not good for the brand as a whole.

Sorry, this may sound stupid, but what is YUM?
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Yum! Brands is the company formerly known as Tricon Global, which was spun off of PepsiCo. It originally was KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, but they have since added A&W Restaurants and Long John Silvers to their portfolio.

That would explain the same crappy food showing up at all those different fast food stores. A couple of years ago, it was wraps. KFC Chicken Wraps. Taco Bell Wraps. Long John Silver Wraps. Same inedible crap, different locations.