Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Regarding the recent devolution of this discussion forum due to the incessant pestering of some immature individuals, I have decided that BevNet should possibly consider making some of the active forum members moderators, as to prevent this activity from happening again. Furthermore, if such an action were to take place, the formation of an archive section where old topics would be relegated to would alleviate such a problem as occured before.

(Oh, and if I had to pick three, it'd be - Mr. Zabe, TheConnieVandelayShow, and SEV. ALthough I could think of at least 15 deserving members.)
    Previous name - Fufu Leth.

I'm all for archiving old posts. I went through the board after this current troll attack and deleted any old topics that I started that have no relevance to current soda events.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

That's a good idea.

i wouldn't pick such new members, but you drink a lot of TAB and are probably an overgrown lab rat.

the idea has merit, but there's some people on this board that've put a lot more energy into it.

post this same idea in the bevnet suggestions and feedback area, as "Bevnet" doesn't log on daily, so it seems
    woot woot

It'd be great if we had some sort of client or script here that would lock topics after 30 days or so.

People would still be able to read the old discussions, but not be able to disingenuously revive them.

SEV
    That's a great idea.
    I would be in favor of seeing same topic threads deleted with a redirect of the messages to one thread. I have seen this done on other message boards. Maybe this redirect could be done on a weekly basis.

It's sort of a pain to read threads on the same topic.

They're new?

I hadn't even looked at their sign up dates. Considering the volume of quality posts these individuals have made, as well as their maturity, I thought that they'd be fine picks.

Anyways, it's not up to me. I was just putting up a thought. Later, I think I'll re-post it in the other forum.
    Previous name - Fufu Leth.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    SEV
    That's a great idea.
    I would be in favor of seeing same topic threads deleted with a redirect of the messages to one thread. I have seen this done on other message boards. Maybe this redirect could be done on a weekly basis.

It's sort of a pain to read threads on the same topic.
    You mean 20 threads on Coke Zero?
    It would be real cool if moderators had control to merge topics such as the twenty or so on Boylan's Cane Sugar Cola.
    woot woot

Hey, I only take credit(or blame) for creating one Coke Zero thread, and that was during its release to see where it was popping up.

ANYWAY, yes, I'm one of the new ones, and I'm flattered by TaB's suggestion.

Although my enthusiasm might rival that of the veterans of this board, I can't match their experience in knowing this community.

I'm in the same boat. Heck I'm barely out of my newbie board diapers. LOL

I remain humble to be mentioned as I too am very new to this fine board. I am open to this suggestion if the powers to be ask me.

Either way I really enjoy the board mates and the over all respectful atmosphere of this board. Believe me compared to most message boards, this one is very healthy and friendly.

[ 07-08-2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]