Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet Rite Zero

just saw a 12 pack today at King Soopers in Boulder.

It's the splenda versionof Diet Rite. Has anyone tried it yet?
    The packagning is a kind of lame, blue, and it has 0 carbs, 0 calories, 0 blah, blah blah.

I'm not a fan of splenda, so I'll probably give it a miss.

So... Another Zero thread!
    Sorry!!

Diet Rite with Slenda has been on the market for close to two years? Diet Rite was the firt soda pop (please correct me if I am wrong) brand to use Splenda.

I brought a 12 pk of Diet Right when it came out.
    I did not finish the first can and the other 11 cans were donated to the trash. LOL

Ok, I've never been a diet rite fan either! How ever, the 12 pack looks new, and they are calling it Zero. I've been looking on line for it with no luck.
    Yup, their getting on the Zero bandwagon too.

Thanks for the heads up.
    I used to dig Diet Right before they messed with it. They had a nice selection of flavors. Now just the sight of Diet Right gets me feeling ill.

So now Diet Right is in the Zero business. LOL

[ 07-08-2005, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I will be most interested in seeing the reaction, and I think there WILL be one, from Coca-Cola's lawyers...

I saw the new packaging in Fort Collins a couple of days ago, but I guess I didn't see the name of it the way you did. I noticed it had new graphics, plus the "0 Carbs, 0 Caffiene, 0 calories" stuff, but must have missed where the product was called Diet Rite Zero. Diet RC and Diet Rite I think both switched to Splenda about the same time, and they were the first major soft drinks to do so. Too bad neither of them taste very good to me.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

saw the new packaging too, and it looked really weird, and also odd they went with ZERO , considering Coca Cola's been using that with their beverages..

i enjoy diet RC and diet rite cola alot, in fact for a while I was heavily addicted to the diet rite cola.. for some reason i stopped drinking it, but may pick some up again, it has no caffeine nor any sodium, and still tastes good IMO..

i see that the 'zero phenomeno' is spreading... (evil laugh)

Actually Diet Rite has had the "zero carbs, zero sodium, zero calories" on their packaging for at least 15 years. Only now has the wording been displayed more prominatly than before. As far as a reaction form cocacolas lawyers, Does coke "own" the word zero? I personally have been using the word zero well for 35 years does this mean coke is going to sue me also? what about the people generations ago who came up with the idea of starting the numerical system with zero, are the lawyers for coke going to sue their families??
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.