Bevboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call

dr pepperman Guest

I stole this idea from another board. Tell everyone about yourself. Name, location, age, job, favorite/nonfavorite sodas, whatever you want to share.
    My name is Brian. I live in Corning, NY 36yrs, work in the grocery business and as my screen name shows like anything to do with Dr Pepper, and anything that combines soda and Nascar or other forms of auto racing.

------------------
    PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
    I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!
    Frosty Man, Frosty.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-27-2001).]

OK... my name is Danny, 36 years old; have a huge collection of bottle caps and consequently always have loved bottled beverages. I live in Palos Verdes which is a suburb of Los Angeles, California. I am involved in the beverage industry because when I started nobody else was pushing bottled sodas; hence the name of my business Real Soda In Real Bottles. The reason I push what I sell is that I sell everything I like and fight against the junk I don't like. So I'm somewhat controversial with the apparatchiks and propagandists and megacompanies but that's how it goes when you set your own course...

------------------
    Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

Real name is formed out of username. Live right on the Ohio River, about 2 1/2 hours SE of Columbus, on the WV side. Mid-30s. Government paper-pusher, not involved in soda industry, except as a stock holder. Family was in the grocery business when I was a kid, got my love for the stuff back then.

Honestly like Coca-Cola. Dispise Pepsi. Dispise people who say they are the same even more.

Collect genuine Coca-Cola and Coke flavors ad material, not the made for retail stuff currently produced, but genuine ad favors from previous generations. Also collect Coke in bottles from all over the world.

Like NASCAR.

My screen name is my real name. Many people asked why I used my real name. Simple answer, I never have and never will hide behind anything. So when I say things, people know exactly who it is comming from. I am 21 years old. Ive been in the sales game since June 15 1998. I love being a salesman (difference between sales and order taking. Coke, pepsi, bud, red bull, etc. order takers)I live in beautiful San Ramon California. I love the small companies. Im currently a manager for Jones Soda Company. Ironic if you know of my old posts. Had a falling out, but my love for the product kept me in the sales game. I love battling with Danny cause he knows whats going on in the bev. world, we just go head to head over Jones products. I love selling, but my sales day will come to an end within the next few years as I leave to become a San Francisco Police Officer. Only thing I love more than sales, is the law. Another reason I can't stay in sales. I hate the Sales-Whores. The guys who change jobs every 9 months for the better pay or the new product. I couldnt look in the mirror if I did that to my self. Its all about doing what you believe in no matter how hard it may be.

Kind of nice to see how the blanks get filled in.

My name is Dale, I am 42 and live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I have been in the beverage business since I was 17. I started loading trucks after school at the local (and locally owned) Coca-Cola Bottling Company. I have worked as both a supplier and distributor of many different non-alcoholic beverages. I have a premium beverage sales and distribution company in what we call the "metroplex".

My true joy in life is my family. We view life as a journey of adventures.

"The credit in life goes not to the critic who stands on the sideline and points where the strong stumble but rather the credit in life goes to the man who is actually in the arena. Who's face may get marred by sweat and dust, who knows great enthusiasm and great devotion and learns to spend himself in a worthy cause. Who at best, if he wins, will know the thrill of high achievement and if he fails at least fails while daring greatly. So that in life his place will never be with those very cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat".

surgefeedtherush Guest

Hi,
    My real name is Avery Lund. I'm 16 and attend a highschool in the city I live in, St. Paul Minnesota.I love biking, snowboarding, hard/alt. rock, I don't work for a bev. company (yet). I really dislike Pepsi. I would really like to finda a job working for a local indie bottler or even Coke. My love is Surge, but i also adore, Jolt, Afri-Cola, Pure Cane Coke, Citra, Kick, Rc and RC Edge, Jones Green Apple, A&W Rootbeer, I enjoy everything to do with beverages and am seeking work in that field. I also enjoy Radio both in production and as an on air personality. I play with the St. Paul Honors Orchestra and enjoy it tremendously.I enjoy talking and learning about everything. I hate being insulted by ads or companies in general just becouse I'm a teen. Pepsi does lots of that.

-Avery

My real name is Chuck Heeren, not Fitzgerald; I get that question all of the time. I am also 16, and also hate the discrimination of teens. Now, as I grow older, I have more respect and it hasn't been much of a problem. I attend Brookwood Hish School and I'm in the drumline their. I'm a captain of the bass drums. I also like guitar, biking, and hiking. I would love to try other stuff like skiing and snow/ice biking, but that brings up my next point. I live in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area and am a Gwinnettian. I love different beverages, not the normal Coke and Pepsi, but if I must, I will still drink them, well, at least Coke. I prefer RC, Nehi flavors, Upper 10, Sun Drop, Frostie flavors, and of course Cheerwine. As far as my future, I am interested in activism, meteorology, and beverages. I also love the cities of Sioux Falls, SD, Atlanta, GA, and Minneapolis, MN. I would love to see Chicago. As far as music, I listen to just about anything, except country. I may be a Southerner, but I'm no hard core country folk. That's about all i can muster up at the moment.

ouch, i probably should have proofread

OK, here goes. I live in northern Michigan and am a sales manager for a Beer, Wine and Soda distributor. Been in the business for about 25 years (I'm 45). Have been at my current employer for about 15 years. My primary responsibility is Wine, but all our managers are involved with all the products we carry. Having been in the beverage business my whole adult life, I guess you can say I'm hooked. I really enjoy this board and find it to be usefull to get everybodys opinion. Even though I don't always agree with the opinions here, I think everybodys posts are valuable. I'm glad to see some younger members here who one day hope to be in this business and will add some fresh thinking that we need. Also like to see all the posts from those that are not in this business, you add alot to this forum. I guess I'm doomed to the fact that wherever I go, first thing I do is check out the beverage isle....

blair Guest

My name is Blair Matthews, and I'm from Kitchener, Ontario (Canada). I'm 27 years old, a college journalism graduate, and I now publish a soda collecting newsletter called Soda Pop Dreams (www.sodapopdreams.org). The newsletter has been around for just over 3 years and has subscribers in 48 of 50 US states and 6 Canadian provinces.

I'm also a collector of: 8 oz. Coca-Cola bottles, anything related to The Pop Shoppe, and also test market soda cans/bottles. My favorite cans are Hubba-Bubba, OK soda, and the plastic Coca-Cola cans from a while back.

I love tracing the history of old beverage companies, as well as watching how the beverage industry is changing today for the future.