Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wasn't going to post on this board but I guess I have no choice.
    Nothing exciting on the way down to Florida.
    With the help of Cheer-wined I was able to find a store in Salisbury, NC that had Kickapoo Joy Juice and Bubble Up in 20oz plastic. Salisbury is a good place to find Longneck glass. Try the BP off the four lane, first south bound exit . It is across from the Harley dealer. Peach Nehi in longnecks here. Do Yahoo Yellow page search for Spee-dee mart and find the one on 402 Park Ave. Cheer-wined sent me here. Only store I found Cool Moon. Also had Cool Mountain products and Crush flavors.
    Concord, NC turned up 8 oz Coca-Cola 600 bottles. With the Coca-cola 600 next week there were a lot of Coke displays and giant inflatable Coke cans outside of gas stations. Found a Jeff Gordon Pepsi fountain cup at a Gate mini mart.
    The day before I found Red Fusion in a vending machine in Hagerstown, MD (outside Ollies) and Strawberry Twist (may have been Twizzler) Slurpees in 7-11 in Woodstock, Va.
    Roanoke Va is still the only place I can find Diet Dr Pepper in fountains and also find plastic Dr Pepper fountain cups.
    Sometime along I-81 in Va Red Fusion disappeared, never to be seen again on the trip. I did find a 4 foot double sided Red Fusion 2 liter rack in a Food Country USA supermarket in Max Meadows, VA but it was filled with Dr Pepper.
    Also at Food Country USA I found a new Dr Pepper copy. Valu (time?) Dr Ahhh.
    Once into Georgia and on down to Florida Pepsi could be found in fridge packs ( or whatever their version is called)
    Also in Florida I found 12 packs of Welch's Fruit Punch and Strawberry.
    Found Briars Orange Creme and Root Beer in 1 liter glass bottles at World Market in Charlotte, NC. They also have Hanks, Cool Mtn and Jones Green Apple. Also Boylans.
    The Bojangles on Rt 74 near Indian Gap, NC has Patio Cherry on fountain.
    In Wadesboro, NC I found Hires Root Beer in 20oz plastic, Dr Enuf, Red Rock Ginger ALe in glass and RR Strawberry in plastic (2liter and 20). This at the 66 Fast Shop.
    No Mello Yello flavors including Afterglo and no Fanta Blue.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Publix in Ft Lauderdale has Barqs Cream Soda in Diet and Reg in 2 liters.

Whoops, spoke to soon on the Red Fusion. Found a 12 pack at the Texaco Longhorn Deli my wife sent me to for food. There were 2 in the cooler. Did not check date. The 12 pack had the rounded corners found on Arbarta Coke products. There was also a Pepsi display with one 12 pack of Vanilla Pepsi in the same style 12 pack.
    Dr Pepper is a Pepsi product in Broward County.

Dr pepperman, did you go in the Kmart next to the Ollie's? They always have Red Fusion 12 packs in stock.

Originally posted by dr pepperman:
    Wasn't going to post on this board but I guess I have no choice.
    just curious, but what's that mean?
    woot woot

nm dpman, apparently the STS forums are down. sad day.
    woot woot

Does anyone know when the STS forums are going to be back up?

Cheer-Wined and I have traded a few sodas, and I managed to get some of the sodas you've found.

Kickapoo Joy Juice - Not as good as glass longnecks. It had almost no carbonation, and just tasted 'off'.

Cool Moon - It tasted a little too generic. It doesn't really stand out against all the other citrus sodas.

Dr. Enuf - I really liked this one. It's a lemon lime flavor with a kick of vitamin power. I wish it were bottled nearby, i'd drink it all the time.

Fanta Blue - I haven't tried it yet, i've been waiting for a vacation week to drink a lot of the sodas i've traded with people. I kind of wanted them to be special. But my boss won't let me off work anytime soon, so i'm drinking them little by little. I'm going to have to break down and drink this one soon.

I had somewhat of a road trip last week, basically a whirlwind tour of North Carolina.

In Durham, picked up 20oz Diet Mello Yello. Durham Coke (code AF) also still produces 10oz deli glass Coke/Sprite/Diet.

I also had help from Cheerwined. Stopped at Carolina Beverage in Concord in search of Nehi longnecks, but they had none. I did score a cool retro Cheerwine shirt, though.

Ate at the What-a-burger there.. great stuff. Sundrop on tap.

Found Nehi grape longnecks at the BP station right off the highway. Coke double fridgepacks and Cheerwine 6pk retro glass at the Super Wally.

Took the scenic route from there.. went through Rockingham -- found Orange & Peach Nehi in longnecks.

Spotted an Aberdeen Coke truck.. stopped at some non-descript c-store.. apparently they source everything from CCBCC. Nothing exciting.

Bojangles in Rocky Mount -- Cheerwine on tap.

Williamston NC. Pepsi Minges. found Sunkist Peach, Strawberry, Pineapple (plus orange, of course). They also still carry 7-Up.

Manteo NC (Roanoke Island). Stopped at a small local grocery store, found Nehi Grape 2L -- from RC Chicago. Also saw old shelf tags for other RCC products, like 2L Old Towne.

Oh, and on the way down, stopped in Emporia VA, lots of Sundrop there. South Hill VA Farmer's Foods -- Kickapoo 2L (produced by Paul's in New Castle, PA), but no Cherry RC.

On the way back, stopped at Mr. Fuel in Carmel Church VA. Tons of Faygo -- 24oz, 3L, 12pk cans. All the fuze flavors, even a fuze aluminum energy drink. Everfresh 18oz PET (I assume this replaces 16oz glass?)

Northern Neck Ginger Ale reg/diet in Fredericksburg, at Food Lion. Fridgepacks produced by MAC.

in michigan, we have nestea 2L produced by TB and they come in different style crates. anyone know where TB is?
    woot woot

TB is Twinsburg, Ohio. They use a crate like PBG does. It's the Castle crate, from Rehrig Pacific.

I've never been there, but it has to be a huge facility. They produce all the major packages -- 1L, 2L, 16.9oz, and fridgepacks. They also have a Dasani line -- we sometimes get 16.9oz 6pk and 12pk from them.

The facility is practically in Abarta's Cleveland territory.. and it serves most of the Eastern Great Lakes division, except the 3 sales centers that were former Capitol (now Mid-Atlantic) divison sales centers.. they still get product from Mid-Atlantic production facilities. And some of the old Herbco facilities in NE Pennsylvania get their stuff from the NY division facilities.