Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

There is a clip in todays USA Today Money Section B. It appears Coca_cola is changing back their logo to much of what it looked like around 1980. The ribbon is a bit different. But the can is the older red color, and it also appears they have removed the "Classic" label. The new can just say's "Coca-Cola". I think the new can will be a hit because it looks cool, also way to go on droping the "Classic".

Yeah, I heard about that... Does anyone have an online pic of the new label?
    Visit my Stewart\'s Museum at<br /> <a href=\"http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.clemson.edu/~wlarkin/</a>

It looks like the Coke graphics from the early 1980s kinda but alittle more modern looking.

Overall it does not look any different to a person that does not really pay attention to the graphics... So those people probably will not know the difference other than the fact that the writing is not slanted anymore.

I honestly do not know why Coke is mentioning this graphics change this early. Because this will not take effect until 2003 worldwide.

Hopefully it will say Coke on one side and Coca-Cola on the other in the U.S. like it does everywhere else in the world!

But if I know Coke they will probably wait awhile before they do that again in the U.S.

Here is a pic of the new logo...

and, Diet Vanilla Coke...

Also, North American markets will keep the word "Classic" on the cans/bottles. Dynamic Ribbon is horizontal on bottles, vertical on cans.

Oh, what the hell.. Here's Choglit:

[ 08-20-2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

Nice logo update.

The only problem I have is that KO is changing logos like every couple years now. Lots of assets, from vending machines to delivery trucks, have life spans measured in decades, and are painted up with logos that are two or three generations old.

samc - you are absolutely right/. i see plenty of Pepsi trucks with that old old old logo on them.

I love the new diet vannilla coke logo. there was an onion article about how DVC supposedly will hold up our economy, bheard it was very funny but i missed it.
    woot woot

I like all the logo changes because I collect cans so it helps me out better this way. Plus I like doing graphic work and the new logos always help me create new stuff and not get tired of the same old thing.

Do you have pics of the cans and 2 liter bottles? What will the North American ones look like?

[ 08-20-2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: xlogold ]