Bevboard

What's the big deal?
    Most fast foods chain resturants have self serve soda pop fountains. Gosh I must refill a 16oz small cup (I'm cheap and frugle) 4-5 times.
    Some child advicate groups have nothing to do but complain. Chicago has this new promotion in their stores and adds on TV in the evening.

McDonald Summer Promotion

[ 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

" The page you requested cannot be found. "

Ooops.
    Give me a few minutes and I will fix it.
    Sorry

Ok <said with egg Muffin smeared on my face LOL>

I read an article that was published in the Chicago Sun times around 6/10/05. The URL to this site was taken down late last night. I surfed the web and I can't find a replacement. All I can say is that the Chicago Sun times has a good relationship with McDonalds as McDonald has it's national head quarters here in Chicago. I will summarize what the article said.

Due to a vocal select few groups,Mc Donald has been phasing out it's super size meals and it's super sizes menu.

This summer in Chicago ( maybe in your area too?) MC Donalds has started a promotion yesterday 7/11/05 of offering the 42oz super sized drink cups.

The small vocal groups have been spouting off to the media for a good month now.

The end. LOL

Parents need to realize that there are just as many calories in a 42oz drink as a Big Mac.

Personally, I'd take the drink.

SEV

LOL
    Me too.
    Give me an Ice cold Raspberry Ice Tea with the perfect amount of Ice and I will drive with my AC on for miles with a smile.

[ 07-12-2005, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I saw a flashing sign outside a Mcds in Brunswick, GA advertising the 42oz drink.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

ramonazo Guest

BTW, Get me out of the doubt, when I went to U.S. and I bought a Fountain Coke from the restaurant, it tasted a little bit like bleach, It's because of the ice?

It's most likely due to when the fountain spray nozzles (I forget the actual name.) The cleaning solution may not have been washed off properly. Or it could be the ice. I as a pop freak always bleed out the fountain nozzle before I pour the soda pop in my cup.

Actually this only needs to be done when the soda pop fountain has been not used in a while. It's possible that some stale syrup could be left in the line.

I'm sure the experts who deal with this stuff all day long can give you a better answer.

[ 07-12-2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]